Gtk radiant \ engine invisible brushes issue

Go to solution Solved by Ramikad,

I have a problem with... well with mappiung in general. on gtk radiant map is fine. but when i build map and i play in game, can happened tha some walls present this issue:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ochkmn

(sorry i got some trouble to host image, i uploaded a screenshot, it's a dungeon with Kain as player for my lok mod.)

however the walls become... unexistance, transparents...  or empty... and is possible to see throught. and if they are at the edge of the map there is a doubling image effect because player can see the caulk and the wordlspawn edges of map.

why this happen? o.o

how can i fix the bad walls brushes?

http://postimg.org/image/b7vqthiur/

I haven't checked your screenshot, but reading this in passing... check you don't have duplicate brushes. Sometimes it happens when you're copy and pasting a lot. Check there aren't two brushes occupying the same space in GTK Radiant. That usually causes them to appear entirely invisible in game.

I haven't checked your screenshot, but reading this in passing... check you don't have duplicate brushes. Sometimes it happens when you're copy and pasting a lot. Check there aren't two brushes occupying the same space in GTK Radiant. That usually causes them to appear entirely invisible in game.

Duplicated brushes?? D: never mind that... thanks i will check this.

okay, i found a free large hosting site... i lost the firefox data with formatting >.<

here is the problem:

http://postimg.org/image/b7vqthiur/

what i am doing is editing t2_rancor map of nar kreeta with a retuxring and SP re editing and some edit to the structure of level for making the sewers and underground area of Blood Omen Nupraptor Retreat.

the wall in front of Kain is invisibile. this issue happear more time during map lavoration on gtk radiant is all Okay, but in game some brushes disappeares leaving empty places. i ever got this trouble in all mapping i done for myself in past and is very frustrating getting ever an holed map.

Is your problem that these walls should be opaque (not see-through) but they're invisible when the map is loaded? Or do they disappear at random while the game is playing? Are they just regular structural brushes, or are they detail brushes? Are they wall entities or just part of the world?

Is your problem that these walls should be opaque (not see-through) but they're invisible when the map is loaded? Or do they disappear at random while the game is playing? Are they just regular structural brushes, or are they detail brushes? Are they wall entities or just part of the world?

0 no, is not opaque. just the brush there is (colliding is okay) but i can see it on game.

1 wall is invisible, like if it's all with "caulk" shader (but is not with caulk but with yavin/supports shader. when map loading.

2 is a simply regular structural brushes.

3 it's not an entities, it's part of wordlspawn. :)

Sometimes I have this problem with brushes that I manipulated into weird angles. Try making it detail, and see if it works. It generally helps in my case.

mmmm, yes, there is a problem of malformed brush. during the building i read ever "x number of malformed face deleted or removed." bla bla bla...

i think thatradiant remove these "deformed" brushes by the map. these sucks very much and is really thge biggest modding trouble for me. after i end a map i need ever to make the "hunter to the holing brushes"

okay, i try to convert the brush into detailed and we see if it work.

Sometimes I have this problem with brushes that I manipulated into weird angles. Try making it detail, and see if it works. It generally helps in my case.

It works! i use selected btrush on radiant, used Control + M for make detail and remake the build, now in game is fixed! thanks ramikad! ;) really, i pass entire years to become crazy for that issue and now i know the solution! really, thanks! :)

thanks also thanks also to @@Didz and @@MagSul for answers. now i can ending my work in peace without see an invisible holed map! :)