Scaling a Vehicle

Hello!

The goal is to create larger and miniature vehicles (such as mini x-wings, or larger rancors.) I added...

scale          200

...to the rancor_vehicle.npc file. When I spawned rancor_vehicle, the rancor appeared at twice its normal size. However, when you mount the rancor, he returns to his regular size. I tested the same process on the glider bird while giving him a scale of 25 in his NPC file. This reduced him to a quarter size when spawned, but he returns to normal once you "take control." I've tried adding the above entry into the respective .veh files but this hasn't resolved the issue.

Does anyone know what I should do to resolve this? :)

Hello!

The goal is to create larger and miniature vehicles (such as mini x-wings, or larger rancors.) I added...

scale          200

...to the rancor_vehicle.npc file. When I spawned rancor_vehicle, the rancor appeared at twice its normal size. However, when you mount the rancor, he returns to his regular size. I tested the same process on the glider bird while giving him a scale of 25 in his NPC file. This reduced him to a quarter size when spawned, but he returns to normal once you "take control." I've tried adding the above entry into the respective .veh files but this hasn't resolved the issue.

Does anyone know what I should do to resolve this? :)

This is strange ... But i think it is caused of that the vehicles in JKa were not tested at all... They are bugged in some way.

You can import the model and scale it in the moddeling program (I am not sure about this however) ...

You cant scale the skeleton... of course. Maybe use script? D:

Edited by Langerd

You have all the source model and animation files, just run them through assimilate to recompile them but in the assimilate options there is a scaling feature that will change the size permanently.

I did this for someone years back with the x-wing to make it really small, works no problem.