TEXTURE problem on ModView :(

I have decided to try out some "new" textures over the TIE Fighter model for JKA. I do have ModView installed and I have followed all the instructions from here. But when I have loaded inside ModView the "model.glm" file for the TIE Fighter vehicle it says

R_LoadImage(): Couldn't read image:

"models/map_objects/ships/tie_fighter_body"

... continue receiving this message for this model?

Before I started anything, I've made entire new clean folder to do all this and this is how it looks at the moment:

D:/JKA/Modelling/base/models/players/_humanoid

D:/JKA/Modelling/base/models/players/map_objects

D:/JKA/Modelling/base/models/players/tie_fighter

In ModView, I go to "File/New", than I go in "
D:/JKA/Modelling/base/models/players/tie_fighter" --> x2 click on "model.glm" and the TIE Fighter is loaded, but it's just white (no textures at all). At the same moment ModView shows me this message above on the Quote i have mentioned.

I have tried to refresh it by clicking the button with "TEX" on it - still the same. I tried to do all of it again - same result, I have checked out the "model_default.skin" file and everything is correct in there.

What could be the problem?! I want to test the new textures in ModView. :(

Folder structure is wrong, the base folder should be on the root of the drive.

Example:

D:/base/models/players/_humanoid/

This way you can use everything including the compilers without trouble. Your folder structure in short should be identical to the games source files and assets. If you look at certain files in notepad like animation.cfg files you'll see this structure was used at compile time.

It's not a problem with the JPEG image either since you're trying to load a base asset like the TIE fighter.

Example:

This way you can use everything including the compilers without trouble. Your folder structure in short should be identical to the games source files and assets. If you look at certain files in notepad like animation.cfg files you'll see this structure was used at compile time.

It's not a problem with the JPEG image either since you're trying to load a base asset like the TIE fighter.

Example:

Ok, but I wanted to make it separate from the original game's base folder, that's why I made the outside folder called. (JKA is the folder where i have installed my Jedi Academy game. But instead of doing it all inside the "GameData/Base" folders I made one new folder for editing the textures - "Modelling/base" and just copy/paste there the "_humanoid" folder from assets1.pk3

D:/JKA/Modelling/base/models/players/_humanoid 

Doesn't matter what you want to do, for most of the tools to work properly the folder structure has to be set up the way I said in my post, that's why the TIE fighter will not load.

Ok now I have made it as you suggested and it still gives me the same errors as above. I tried with some character models and it worked perfect, also tried with some basic JKA models as Kyle, Desann and Luke - all of them work perfect and I am able to see their textures. TIE fighter still comes up all white with no textures o.O

How could I know that and do it?

When you save your JPEG image in your image editing program, there's usually some extra settings you can set before it gets saved. Sometimes there will just be a checkbox you can untick (as in Photoshop), sometimes it will be hidden away in the "Advanced Settings" which you need to reveal to show the checkbox.