Massassi Temple - Map Expansion

This relies heavily on assets of MT itself, so you will need that installed to make full use of this.

What is this?  It's a restored JO Yavin_Temple to JA setup.  I added few of the changes from JA, such as the temple exteriors being more difinitive and less old ruins (I imagine the Jedi would clean up and renovate things to serve there purposes more).

This temple is based on the position of one of the smaller temples in the _skybox of MT, when you look out in the distance.  I'll let people figure that one out themselves.  I setup and used the same skybox technic so as such all surrounding detail is purely for looks, it will have 0 effect on map fps.

In terms of imagination as well, I wager the surrounding hill space contains rebel hangars and command centers.  But my focus is purely on the Temples.  I'm only doing YT, I have no interest in creating other ones.

If you recall back in JA SP, Jadens jedi training the old ruins cut through hills and so forth.  So that should give you an idea of how the smaller temples connect to the main one.  It's a lot like the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.  Basically the central larger temple here could be considered the upper portion of the main temple, smaller temples in the distance of the main temple are basically the lower levels of the temple.  Like a network it goes out into the little appendages/digits which connect to the smaller temples.  Which are used more for specific and more advance training.  Maybe have 1 temple that focues souly on force, or perhaps another way to look at it is like you have one temple for Guardians and then another for Consulars, etc.

Like Massassi it has all the basic background related things for relaxing, etc.  All small temples are setup for self sufficiency from the main temple.  There is no mess hall at the smaller temples.  They utilize rations and are focused on more advance training.  I also used some of the SP based cutscene rooms for few more room addons to the smaller temple itself (Rosh in medical at the end of SP, bedroom area, and lukes personal room now changed into a smaller council room).  I also setup a small scale style duel6 in the courtyard, it's basically a dueling pit.

If you look out in the distance you will see the larger temple, hiding behind the hill.

Without further adieu (test build, no lighting as of yet).

euKjqZY.jpg

txooBKQ.jpg

Dn7Vr66.jpg

OVctW0U.jpg

IFaq0ze.jpg

4fB34OL.jpg

T3g93AS.jpg

TOMmTT7.jpg

FOBMcgu.jpg

KzQhYtP.jpg

KNRMiHw.jpg

kgfEasu.jpg

rMkMOSx.jpg

ZngnnTT.jpg

cBwR5PD.jpg

DBBp0tp.jpg

0oHtfWC.jpg

H9RZjU5.jpg

Circa likes this

Looks great so far. I noticed in MT that the "council" chairs weren't solid. Was there a reason for that and will those be like that as well?

They aren't solid on purpose, none of the sitting chairs are.  They're setup with mods in mind to make use of the chair sitting emotes.  Sitting in meditation style sit in a chair looks, meh.  Got the animations in most mods, why not use them for the intended purpose.

Back of peoples minds also, see that larger temple in the distance.  Get there imaginations going and think "other people are there right now training" sorta deal.  With this smaller map setup people will also feel/think that others are at those smaller temples training.  So in general just adds more atmosphere!  Who doesn't love a bit of atmosphere. 

Also this _skybox setup is great for doing outside areas.  No more nasty fps drops if you wanna do surrounding things for looks.

Map has all the music switches also.  As well will support the day/night setup.  Plus due to heavy amounts of usage of MT.  Map download for this will be small in comparison.  It's like, a brother sister sorta deal with the maps.  I wager with the final light build, this map expansion will be no bigger than a skin/model used by people. 

I just hope people realize you will need MT downloaded to make use of this, I can see the endless mountains of posts already, crying about missing textures. :rolleyes:

And now for the map with level lighting.  More or less done BUT I'm going test it some more to hammer out fine things before release.  I hate endless map versions as much as anyone else so that's the reason I'm testing all I can.  Expect an upload here in a day or so though just due to how it's looking to me so far.

PkxJNpM.jpg

KkjXSUA.jpg

0fFIr8f.jpg

vk8DT2G.jpg

KKbiujz.jpg

TflCklL.jpg

DD0iOey.jpg

VR5fbC2.jpg

RCYBOSd.png

YtEFrbS.jpg

XqQz6wx.jpg

17qeOWW.jpg

nMiEJE9.jpg

VmNK3oO.jpg

LF8r0Md.jpg

5o4aruu.jpg

VKw3uRz.jpg

wO9HExR.jpg

DarthStiv likes this

I don't care for rend2, persay.  When a full stable, not code injected fixes/improvements here and there, comes out.  I can update this and Massassi accordingly after I learn the best way to deliver the lighting changes.  It's not on my priority list and I'm not sure how much impact it will have on gameplay with fps and such as it stands now.  I'll leave that to the code junkies to hammer out those details.

Not interested in compiling the code and having to constantly update, on top of potential things possibly overlooked that need repatched/fixed again.  Base game alone (with light end mods) is stable, more or less, and that suffices for now.

Can probably, more or less get the same effect with a mixture of skybox lighting and making the lights actually emit light sources onto the map, with a few light diamonds here and there to fill in the gaps.  But like anything else it needs fine tuning to get the best graphical effect.

I've seen worse light jobs though. :ph34r: