Making skins from scratch.

Jolly

I'm crafting all of my textures from scratch - a new file in Photoshop. You're free to ask anything you want, I'm doing this for about 10 years now and I'm quite confident I'm able to texture pretty much anything and what's more, I've learned it all BY MYSELF, not with tutorials. Just PM me or something if you get the need! But basically, I can give you a good advice that really helped me; Always just think about how the thing you want to texture would look like in the real world. Imagine it being in front of you and think about what you see, the lines, the shadows, the reflections, the dirt, damage and so on and so on. Later you just draw all this layer after layer and voila. At least, that's how I'm working.

A lot of it is just knowing what makes a certain texture look like that texture. Other times, people pull real images and work with that. Most of it though, is learning how to do specific things in Photoshop. Rather than looking for tutorials on how to make a realistic or detailed skin for JKA, you'll want to look up tutorials on how to make hair from scratch, for example. Or how to make leather from scratch. Then implement them all into your skin.

@@Jolly You won't get many helpful answers tbh, as the possibilities of what one could skin are endless. If you wanted to know how to do something specific, like clothing, armour, human skin etc, then make a request for that rather than 'skins in general'. It's like asking how someone how to make food; need to be more specific if you want a more direct answer. But look up tutorials on how to make specific textures you want is my advice, most photoshop tutorials you can cross over onto gimp