Is it possible to create new saber colours?

Ive been doing some tinkering with my single player Jedi Academy install, with mostly good results. One thing that has eluded me though, is creating new saber colours, specifically a silver coloured lightsaber. I tried editing the files under gfx/effects/sabers , but it didnt work. Are the rgb values applied to sabers hardcoded into the executable, or is it possible to modify them?

more time ago, i see in file front a mod that replace 2 sabers, the orange and the yellow, with a silver white saber and a dark black saber.

add a new color the seven color (there is also the red is hard and i not know anything about the code of sabers color)

but you can download this mod and see how to work and remake something like that.

:)

in my legacy of kain mod, the air sword are white. so i replaced with the white blade, following the procedure of this mod, the orange saber.

i use the puprle ssaber for darkness, the orange for air, the red for fire, blue for water, green for earth, yellow for light. that's work very fine for making elemental blades. :)

BruceJohnJenner likes this

@BruceJohnJenner

If you only want to spice up your Single Player experience then I'd suggest you download and edit  this : http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/SP_Red_Saber;21504

Unless you plan to share your work here, you don't need to contact the author of this file. Just change it from red to silver and you are good to go.

Reading the comments on that file, there are those who say it works and those who complain that it doesn't.  Give it a try atleast will ya?

BruceJohnJenner likes this