Massassi Temple

I'm not sure if it would work, but if you feel heroic you could try and "cheat" the Radiant putting a part of the map as a misc_bsp. Not sure if it will count the entities within the misc_bsp towards the limit, though.

Misc_BSP is also an entity and basically all that does is simulate content, it probably also keeps the default level entity content regardless of what is inside the misc_bsp anyway.

The 4096 limit, like a lot of the game engines default settings, is put in for multiple reasons but like anything else once a limitation is bypassed it can have adverse effects on different things, some small and some big.  But what this does mean also is that the map probably wont even be able to be map modded into other maps due to the high entity levels as well.  Not to mention making the level into a misc_bsp renders the entire map into an entity rather then a level so players wont drop shadows onto the level brush work as well.

Basically what ever is done in radiant and when the map is compiled all content is baked into the map and level itself.

Besides, the map has PLENTY of content already as it is.

Smarter way to lower the entity count some on limitations is to group things up instead for example certain triggers, doors, or even level models such as what I did with the council chairs.  It's acts as 1 entity since all those chairs are just models grouped up into a single model itself when compiled into a md3 yet the game still functions with rendering them all simply because it's not 1 solid model with high vert/tris count.  Same with the food in the mess hall for each food group it's 1 model again but the cups the bowls and the food is all individual.

Ramikad likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the latest copy I'm uploading with a few more lighting tweaks as well as the following things I squeezed into the map since getting some testing and feedback, via jawa.

Changed the galaxy map to the atlantica ones just cause graphically a little more colour variety.  The shaders for the starmap galaxy now rotates around even smoother.

dnPpHnw.jpg

On the second floor behind the rest of the archives there is now a server.  Based off batlefronts 2 which is a room next to the jedi archives.  Though used in jeditemple_ta it is named, texture wise, beacons.  It is actually called servers in the battlefront2.

kJcodYr.jpg

For all catwalk areas I increased the clip area so it is now a little harder to attack or harm anyone inside of it.

I also added some extra carpets/pillows into the yavin_final area for people who want a place to sit while in a trial or what have you in the use of yavin_final area or classrooms, etc.

lui7hIv.jpg

A switch now in all bedroom areas to turn on and turn off meditation seats.

3RCeY9t.jpg

M0GJmJb.jpg

Now lukes meditation stone is in the ceremony hall.  It is a func_usable and off by default.  Just press the use button up on the ledge to turn it on and off.

r9yjca4.jpg

Termm7t.jpg

Maps also now comes with it's own temple guardian variation that people can use.  It uses nothing but the laugh taunts from JO.  It's mostly for looks and though I would consider such a file to have a specific usage.  I doubt it will actually be used for anything but reskins and frakenstein jobs.  It's a seperate pk3 so it is an optional addition to a persons base folder.

Be0K46L.png

Some lighting tweaks in yavin_trial in area and a few other little bug fixes.  Also the sliders now return back to there starting position after usage.  They use the standard reset script after the first use which is 3 sliders pushed.  After which it automatically goes back to the start position after about 6 seconds or so.  I tweaked the trigger for the slider bridge so that it goes wall to wall.

There is also some jedi banners now in the ceremony hall.

I will state this again very clearly people for people to understand.  Yavin_Trial was setup for 1 person at a time for use of level 1 force push, pull, jump, and speed.  Anything beyond that renders the area useless.

For the chair models you will need an mp mod like JA+ that has the chair sitting animations to sit in the chairs.

Changing out the download link for the current version on jkhub to the latest version.

Fixed the issue with the "no lightmap" error blowing up the console when the map loads up so that shouldn't effect anyone anymore.

Another strange issue I found is when you stand around the columns around the yavin_final and yavin_trial area on the left or right side of the door going down it makes the door vanish.  Now I thought this may be due to the area portals but I tested it without area portals as well and the door still vanishes.  So this is in part due to the game engine itself, it must not like small scale columns having doors.  With or without the area portals it had no real effect on the the map fps regardless if the were in or not so I left the area portals were they were.  Why would this issue show up?  Well basically when you compile a map by default the game engine itself creates little portals all over the place that help with rendering certain things and at a distance and so forth.  A -vis stage basically goes through and does more portal work basically.  There is a way to see the portals in game itself with map compiling.

I'll get this version updated on the hub, some small scale lighting tweaks but nothing anyone will really notice either.  I also doubt the shader issue in the console had any effect on map stability or fps performance but that'll just mean when the maps loaded your console wont be full of the issue anymore so that more or less is the only real difference you'll see between this version in the most recent one recently uploaded to jkhub, at least till I reupload it with this one. icon_razz.gif

Clarify another thing as to "why is there so many map versions/updates"?  Because I'm basically stuck doing the grunt work for mapping and testing it.  I've gotten some feedback for the map but there is no active people testing the map and or reporting the issues via jkhub.  So if you don't like each map update fixing bugs and making the map more stable.  Report the bugs you might find.  Don't throw out map ideas.  The maps done beyond these little bug fixes.

I find that activating lukes meditation stone causes my player to get stuck in the meditation stones mesh, unless I noclip to get out of it. I would assume that is not fixable if the player is already standing on top of the stone when activating it, but would it be possible to make it activatable from farther away so it doesnt happen?

I really like the addition of the banners to the main hall too by the way.  :winkthumb:

Out of curiosity, where did you get the interior of the yavin runner2, did you recreate it from scratch, or was it included with the sdk?

I haven't had a stuck issue yet with that brush, besides it turns on and off so you shouldn't have to many problems with it.  From live testing via KoD and JAWA when I turn it on it pops up under me so not sure if it's due to something in a mod or what.

As for the shuttle that's from SP, cleaned up and resetup for MP.  I had to tweak the shuttle mesh exterior to allow a hole for the door to fit in.  By default shuttle model has a door, to my knowledge there is no custom shuttle setup with no door.  I also resetup the back portion for the door as being seperate from the mesh so I could reset it up due to the back area having small uv map issue as well.