most skilled gametypes I've ever encountered in JKA

inc lock

This is a topic dedicated to the best gametypes on Jedi Academy in rank by skill

1. Fullforcing - easily the most advanced and funnest gametypes on JKA, it has the highest skill cap and learning curve of any gametype, or any game really. It's fun as hell, especially the  stronger the opponent(s) is/are.  - http://upsgaming.com/demos/ff_races/ you can watch some examples of FF demos there

2. Strafing - The cornerstone of any respectable Q3 engine game, strafing is a mode that is easy to learn and hard to master. it involves jumping in a certain way so you will always be in air gaining speed, out of strafing came competitive trickjumping/strafe-racing, the current most populated community in the game

3. Guns - There are a few ways you can play guns on JKA, but the most preferred one for testing your skill in a 1o1 or teambattle is to use the mp/siege_desert map modified by loda which sets you at opposite spawnpoints and you fight with all guns and limited ammo every spawn to encourage you to use a diverse variety of guns to outshoot and outsmart your opponent. 

4. Saber only CTF -  A fun gametype, CTF encourages you to combine strafing ability, route-mastery, and saber ability to kill your opponent before they reach their flag. It is a more advanced version of CTF for seasoned professionals, and is sometimes called 1hit CTF because saber damages are higher

5. Base Sabers only - A more casual gametype  that involves no force or guns and limited strafing, this is a good gametype for beginners who want to get in the competitive scene but want to start out with something easy. It can be pretty fun at times because it is more chance based and gives players an opportunity to learn the basics of bunnyhopping and poking

6. Instagib  - This CTF game-mode uses a 1 hit kill sniper with a higher g_speed so you have to be fast enough to get the flag and quickly kill the people chasing you, while not as skilled as sabers-only CTF, it can be fun to play

7. Everything enabled CTF - This game-type has force and guns and uses a baseJKA force regen. In this game-type, teamwork is important as individual skill will not get you far. force pulling then rocketing then /killing to get more guns is a common tactic to succeed in this mode. while it isn't a very skillful game-type, it is fun at times and offers some interesting custom maps

If you want to learn more about the game-types I listed just talk to someone with µps tags, we specialize in competitive game-types and are always willing to show new players the ropes. 

and the most important part, don't forget to have fun!

You have no idea what you are talking about, the gametype I play is the very best and most skilled even though nobody plays it except for me, so clearly I am the very best player at it and because it's the best gametype I am therefore also the very best player at everything and all other ways of playing the game are a complete joke. Casual shmucks!

You have no idea what you are talking about, the gametype I play is the very best and most skilled even though nobody plays it except for me, so clearly I am the very best player at it and because it's the best gametype I am therefore also the very best player at everything and all other ways of playing the game are a complete joke. Casual shmucks!

this tells me you're in one of the low-skilled gametypes, let me guess, moviebattles? ctf?  le epic funny troll  fake sarcasm reaction xD

It is the very best gametype by far and everyone who plays anything else is completely inferior because of it.

i didnt say playing a low-skilled gametype like sabers only or guns/force ctf made you a bad player, it just means you don't play competitively. i like a lot of people who dont play competitively and play easy game-types. relax ping.  jealousy is ugly.

do you have anything to contribute to this topic or are you just gonna rage?

Can't you take it for what it is? A player who's highly experienced and skilled in most, if not all of the gametypes he listed and is ranking them based on the challenge posed to him by each? Something to start up a little discussion.

No one is saying your gametype is shit or that you're a shit player. Stop getting so offended lol

But you are just wrong, since it is completely obvious that my gametype is by far the very best and most difficult and I am the most skilled at it and so therefore I am the very best at everything.

@@source: But since he is not skilled at anything and also sucks at the One True Gametype that is the very hardest and I have mastered such a long time ago his opinion is therefore automatically invalid.

Can't you take it for what it is? A player who's highly experienced and skilled in most, if not all of the gametypes he listed and is ranking them based on the challenge posed to him by each? Something to start up a little discussion.

No one is saying your gametype is shit or that you're a shit player. Stop getting so offended lol

^ This here. You'll notice I put them in my list by order of how much I'm challenged and how rewarding each game-type is. Lugormod has more players than some of those gametypes, but because it's not a competitive game-type, i did not include it.  Same with MB2 and makermod. Players who play a diverse amount of game-types generally have more fun and get better at the game. Feel free to add on any other game-types i didn't add. 

Ping get some skill and learn to play fullforce ctf. But don't dare to play with force AND weapons cause then it's only on rank 7 and is less relevant for competitive players like Kane. On the other hand guns and NO force is on rank 3 so that might be a good choice if you finally want to rank up from rank 5.

Ping get some skill and learn to play fullforce ctf. But don't dare to play with force AND weapons cause then it's only on rank 7 and is less relevant for competitive players like Kane. On the other hand guns and NO force is on rank 3 so that might be a good choice if you finally want to rank up from rank 5.

I didn't include fullforce CTF on here. although it's more challenging than guns/force ctf, no one plays it and it would only be relevant on JA+ FF with normal ff regen.  Dunno what you mean by rank but I can't find a single top-tier player who will argue that ff/guns ctf takes skill. throwing more things into a game doesn't make it harder or more skillful, we could add tie-fighters to ctf, but what's the point lol. 

If fullforcing is not fullforce ctf then I don't even know what fullforcing is

seriously hope you're trolling, but if not, that explains why you got so defensive over lugormod/guns ctf, you havent tried the real competitive game-types lol

you can watch what FF is from here: http://upsgaming.com/demos/ff_races/

heres some example demos u can start off with

http://upsgaming.com/demos/ff_races/3-01-2014_Kane_VS_harmy_DS.zip

http://upsgaming.com/demos/ff_races/undated/BK_VS_Abeus.zip

watch these 2 demos and then tell me that tie-fighting/poke only is competitive lol

fullforcing (the best and hardest game-type in JKA) is saber and force enabled on JA+ with kickflips, which is similair to jk2 FF but more advanced and the regen is more skillful and balanced. if you've missed the servers that had 32/32 ppl on multiple servers then you've missed out on a lot of what JKA has to offer. it is the most fluid and funnest gametype.

default oldschool /USA  ff settings -

sv_fps 20

g_forceregentime  0

jp_reducesaberblock 20

normal dmgs

european inferior ff settings (still easy to beat them on their own server)

sv_fps 30

g_forceregentime 0

jp_reducesaberblock 80

very similar dmgs

This post perfectly illustrates how far from reality you can get when you stick within your own small community and your own experiences and preferances (in jka, but also jk2). I think this would be a nice moment for anyone with a strong opinion regarding jedi knight to review if what they believe to be true, is actually all there is. Because instead of bashing this quite obviously uninformed topic poster, I'd say a lot of major names in basejka, ctfpug, mod communities but also biased coders have no idea what they are talking about, purely because they stick to what they are familiar with. The ups and full force duel guys are one of those communities. But also the fucking close minded tdm basejka esl guys, the ctfpug guys that can't saber for shit, the casual jka siege gamers that think ctfpug isn't worth the try, the people that never played jk2, the people that don't know quake, the people in places like JAWA, schoolofwar, thejediacademy.net, <insert any ja+ clan> that are "teaching' methods" or preaching jedi philosophy but also train others.. and so on.

People are going to be people, but seriously guys. Do your research, analyse and experience. Don't take for granted what others tell you, what you think makes sense, or what a community tells you is true. Then you get this kind of stuff. We should properly educate people, but over the years I learned that most gamers in jedi battles (yes being sarcastic) are just kids or morrons. Only a hand full of people is worth the attention, and even then ... people will be people (myself included).

edit: the worst people are those that actually believe that they are being honest and correct and open minded by the way. You'll find them a lot in saber communities. I can sort of respect the "I don't know it, so it sucks" -attitude a lot more than people that are wrong, but act as if they did their research, while they are factually wrong, yet continue to drag people into their sphere of influence.

/out

Everyone knows NF, no guns, no sabers, FISTS ONLY CTF is the best gametype there is. It is so high level that it is in fact dangerous to the people who play it competitively, so much so that some people have tried to ban it entirely and DDoS the few remaining servers that try to host it. I have mastered it a very long time ago though, so I don't even care about it anymore. Everything else doesn't even compare and cannot be played competitively.

MrHeisenberg likes this

This post perfectly shows how far from reality you can get when you stick within your own small community and your own experiences and preferances. I think this would be a nice moment for anyone with a strong opinion regarding jedi knight to review if what they believe to be true, is actually all there is. Because instead of bashing this quite obviously uninformed topic poster, I'd say a lot of major names in basejka, ctfpug, mod communities but also biased coders have no idea what they are talking about, purely because they stick to what they are familiar with. The ups and full force duel guys are one of those communities. But also the fucking close minded tdm basejka esl guys, the ctfpug guys that can't saber for shit, the casual jka siege gamers that think ctfpug isn't worth the try, the people in places like JAWA, schoolofwar, thejediacademy.net, <insert any ja+ clan> .. and so on.

People are going to be people, but seriously guys. Do your research, analyse and experience. Don't take for granted what others tell you, what you think makes sense, or what a community tells you is true. Then you get this kind of stuff. We should properly educate people, but over the years I learned that most gamers in jedi battles (yes being sarcastic) are just kids or morrons. Only a hand full of people is worth the attention, and even then ... people will be people.

ups plays every single gametype lol.

for FF we have the top-tier forcers like myself, source, blueknight, stryker, etc

for base we have snow, rob, shake, and the rest of us occasionally base  and win against top  esl'ers

for guns we have loda, fury, source, me, bk, leegroy, etc..

for strafing , well that's nearly our entire clan lol

i love playing a variety of game-types, sticking to 1 mode is boring, i just my opinion out on what i thought was the most skillful and rewarding game-types, some people will have differing opinions, but the consensus should fall to the players who are very good at nearly all gametypes imo.

I'm not knocking any individual game-type and say it shouldn't be played, the more gametypes that are played, the better, i'm just trying to open peoples eyes into playing competitively. ups  is one of the few clans that explores every game-type, hell, an old incarnation of ups,  " ^ " dominated lugormod whenever they went on a lugormod server. i used to play jka casually too, its just more funner for me to play competitively and to get better and watch other people get better

True full forcing is default regen time.

Trolling won't really get you anywhere, fullforcing has always been on JA+ with normal FF settings.  i dont recall base servers with force having 4-5 servers with 32/32 ppl a day that could branch off to other gametypes and be successful

Everyone knows NF, no guns, no sabers, FISTS ONLY CTF is the best gametype there is. It is so high level that it is in fact dangerous to the people who play it competitively, so much so that some people have tried to ban it entirely and DDoS the few remaining servers that try to host it. I have mastered it a very long time ago though, so I don't even care about it anymore. Everything else doesn't even compare and cannot be played competitively.

Trolling wont get you anywhere either. 

I actually agree with Hugo at most points.

@@Kane: I watched one of your demos. I actually organized an ESL cup with those settings in 2011 just for laughs ("Dark Force Cup"). No one knew that there are actually people who seriously play like that.

And I don't want to bash you or your gametype but your posts are so full of ignorance that I can't do anything else but making fun of you.

However, I've got no idea where you from with "getting defensive over lugormod/guns ctf" as I've never played either of them.

I've played base jka, ff ctf and MBII though...

And MBII actually had big leagues and cups (MB2tourney worldcup, ESL ladder etc)

I actually agree with Hugo at most points.

@@Kane: I watched one of your demos. I actually organized an ESL cup with those settings in 2011 just for laughs ("Dark Force Cup"). No one knew that there are actually people who seriously play like that.

And I don't want to bash you or your gametype but your posts are so full of ignorance that I can't do anything else but making fun of you.

However, I've got no idea where you from with "getting defensive over lugormod/guns ctf" as I've never played either of them.

I've played base jka, ff ctf and MBII though...

And MBII actually had big leagues and cups (MB2tourney worldcup, ESL ladder etc)

Such poor trolling i dont know whether 2 laugh or not lol

>mb2

>big leagues

"i didnt know people played FF seriously"

>mb2

>ctf

>playing seriously

LMAO

You just can't accept the truth of the matter. It is not only that my gametype is the very best, it is also true that my clan is the very best of all time. We have the very best players from all gametypes and have beaten everyone that claims to be good at anything, and all of this thanks to the fact that we play the hardest and most challenging gametype there is, which has steeled our resolve and has given us an authority to judge gametypes based on our excellence at everything worth to be played.

That is some real talk there lol. saying otherwise is like saying someone who's never boxed before can know more about boxing than mike tyson or muhammad ali and is a better athlete. you missed a 's' on gametype btw. 

I'm not sure if you try to troll us but if you're actually serious, I'm gonna make a last try to open your eyes.

You should face the truth that no one knows that your community even exists. It's not relevant for competitive JKA.

Do your research (google for example), most people who play competitive in this game play saber only 1on1/TDM and after that probably CTF or MBII.

The demo that I watched was random JA+ playing, I doubt that you can call that "competitive". or even skillful.

I already regret even trying to argue with someone like you, but I'm out.