My first face

Now to fix up my layer masks so it looks more like skin is showing through, rather than it blurring at the edges

you either have a beard ----------  or you don't have a beard
beardcomparison.jpg

if you insist having a beard without actually modelling it for the head
i suggest you go for the Robert Downey Jr.  look from Iron Man

robdwjr2135.jpg

Well, I wouldn't mind having a small goatee modelled onto it, but I would highly doubt that such a small request would get taken up :P

z3filus likes this

I have another suggestion for you :

atm you got that really noticeable mirror seam in the center

to get rid of that paint your hairstrands parallel to the seam and if you want to get a even greater result :

let all of your brushstrokes/hairstrands run into one point , that point should sit where the pony tail begins

it'll look a lot better

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like the way the hair is going, but I think you need to work on making it less uh, mirrored. That's what really sticks out to me. And I know that trying to make the hair on hapslash's model look good is a pain, but try to add some variation to one side of the head, so it looks a little better when wrapped onto the model. Other than that, I definitely like the way your textures are progressing :)

Omicron likes this

I like the way the hair is going, but I think you need to work on making it less uh, mirrored. That's what really sticks out to me. And I know that trying to make the hair on hapslash's model look good is a pain, but try to add some variation to one side of the head, so it looks a little better when wrapped onto the model. Other than that, I definitely like the way your textures are progressing :)

The hair was an absolute pain to make, but I may go back to it at some point after my exams are over. At the time of making it, I was also using my old broken monitor which caused some odd colouration and stuff in places, so I can see now that I might have gone a bit over the top with the noise on the face, although it may look alright from a distance /me shrugs

Bane_Ross likes this