Trigger-able Lights

Go to solution Solved by IrocJeff,

• Solution

Well, its so freaking simple its silly. Just make a trigger, make it a trigger multiple and set it to use button. Put a wait time in as well. Then, just link that trigger to any light entity and voila, you got a switchable light. It works in Jedi Outcast which is great for me! 

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GtkRadiant/Linking_Entities

Also, if you want the room to be lights to be off, just tag the start off box in the entity window.

Really? They always said to me it didnt work, gotta try this someday

Yeah, same here. Now, I have to go back to some areas of my project where I WANTED this feature and have to add it in. The longer I mess with this project the more I learn, the more I have to go back! 

This is only possible because of the addition of light styles.  Its a bsp / engine extension from the main idtech3.  What it does is flips around pieces in the lightmap ("styles").  The lights themselves do not toggle as it just changes some configstrings around to tell clients which ones to render.

And lights which have a targetname (toggleable), DO consume server side entity space unlike regular lights which are stripped from the bsp.