SSD Acceleration + JKA server = yellow on lagometer?

I'm not sure whether this is in the right area, so feel free to move it if it isn't.

Recently my host upgraded one of my VPS to enable SSD acceleration. The thing is, now my JKA servers are a bit funky. I see yellow on top of the blue line, not often, but it comes and goes. It's sort of like when you copy a huge file while being in the JKA server. Except that there's no 'connection interrupted'.

The only other time I came across 'lag' that doesn't lag normally, is when I ran JKA on a Cloud. Idk what's the difference between what I have now and Cloud...

Question is, how is it that the VPS is supposedly better but gives such performance? I'm very happy with it if not for the yellow every so often. I could copy giant files and the server doesn't lag. But, the yellow!

Secondly, should I junk the SSD acceleration and go back to old school? I want stability. Nevermind if it can't run 32 players smoothly. Or is there some sort of setting or optimisation I need to do to fix this weird 'lag'? OS is Win2008R2.

I should add, the servers are on one core each, and tiny TFFA/Duel servers. And empty. :<

The type of hard drive shouldn't make any difference at all during gameplay (unless someone's changing their model, or a new map is loading, etc.).

I would just look into this with @@Caelum and see if there's any other specs that are different with this upgrade.

EDIT: Oops I thought you meant you were being hosted by JKA Server, silly @@Caelum for naming his service that. Still try to contact your host provider to inquire about this, maybe they can do some testing with you.

It's SSD caching I mean.

Yes I've been talking to Caelum even though he doesn't need to help me, but he's nice enough to explain a couple of stuff to me.

Here's your screenshot. This is one of my European servers and my ping is normal. Just the circled lagometer.

ugh2_zps4d5c4541.jpg

I posted it on WHT to see what replies I might get and here are two of them:

ugh_zps9b546d21.jpg

I'm waiting for my host to reply me on if they can take away the SSD acceleration but my hopes aren't high. Unmanaged service. Lol.

Again, the issue wouldn't be the hard drive (whether it's SSD or not). There's something else that's causing the problem.

The lag could be caused by CPU time being taken up by another process and slowing the server's frames down, or it could be a networking issue.

Have you tried checking Resource Monitor to see what's taking up CPU time and what processes have network activity?

If it's a VPS, you might have been moved onto a node that's full of other customers who are competing for resources.

CPU% is under 20%. Never more than that.

Network activity, almost none too.

Indeed I'm worried about that. But if everyone were overusing their resources shouldn't my CPU usage shoot up?

My host asked for a screenshot of proof, but there isn't anything (that I know of) I can give them. I offered to pay to go back to my old specs, but they said it wasn't possible. I'd hate to jump hosts :(