Shiny metal effect from a shader?

I'm really in need of copper pipe but the problem is the most of images I find have the camera flash on it. The other textures I find or made are all flat whilst I need shiny. I read somewhere where a person mentioned it may be possible to get a shiny metal effect from a shader. Anyone have a similar shader or know how to do this type of effect? 

You can do this with an environment map. It uses an additional texture (can be a general purpose one too) to blend into the first texture and makes it look shiny.

An example in the JK2 assets is:

textures/kejim/newfloor_kej
{
    {
        map $lightmap
    }
    {
        map textures/kejim/newfloor_kej
        blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
    }
    {
        map textures/kejim/env_newfloor_kej
        blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE
        detail
        alphaGen const 0.25
        tcGen environment
    }
}

Take a look at the environment map it refers to, to get the idea, and I'm sure there might be some more fitting maps you could use in either in JK2 or JKA as well.

There are two ways about this, a spec map or a chrome shader.

useing both works two depending on the way your textures and shaders are set up. Look at the imppilot head shader for a chrome shader and look at the spec textures too get an idea.

If this chrome shader is from Jedi Academy can you post it? I map for Jedi Outcast and my pilot doesn't seem to have this. If it does, I'm sorry, I just don't know where to look.

You can do this with an environment map. It uses an additional texture (can be a general purpose one too) to blend into the first texture and makes it look shiny.

An example in the JK2 assets is:

textures/kejim/newfloor_kej
{
    {
        map $lightmap
    }
    {
        map textures/kejim/newfloor_kej
        blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
    }
    {
        map textures/kejim/env_newfloor_kej
        blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE
        detail
        alphaGen const 0.25
        tcGen environment
    }
}

Take a look at the environment map it refers to, to get the idea, and I'm sure there might be some more fitting maps you could use in either in JK2 or JKA as well.

I took a look at this. I tell you, Kejim has the best references for stuff in this game it seems. 

I tried this with my copper texture I made it is better, but not great. It looks like I have sections of glossy lines in areas. I didn't mess with the env_newfloor_kej and just left it as is. I assume this is from that texture. If I were to create a more even texture to replace env_newfloor_kej do you think that would improve anything?