Weapon Balance

Hi,

Here are my thoughts on "fixing" weapon balance.

Bryar:

- Reduced firing rate for primary

- Increased damage substantially for the primary

- Reasoning: It's a slow and powerful weapon in the previous games, so it seems fitting to make it into a "revolver" in terms of power.

Blaster:

- Increased damage for primary

- Reasoning: Primary is less ammo consuming, yes, but there's basically no reason to use it aside from this.

Disruptor:

- Add charging for primary

- Increase base damage for primary

- Reasoning: Primary is totally useless (three hits to kill anything) and it makes little sense to restrict charging to secondary, so...

Bowcaster:

- Cut ammo usage for primary

- Add multiple charge types to primary (press secondary while charging to switch)

- Reasoning: Secondary can already kill things with one shot, and it's bloody hard to hit anything with a charged primary (which also uses lots of ammo)

Repeater:

- Increase primary damage by 4x

- Decrease primary firing rate to match MP

- Increase ammo usage of secondary

- Reasoning: How does it make any sense that the secondary is actually -more- ammo efficient -and- more powerful than the primary (!)

DEMP2:

- Secondary invokes knockdown

- Electricity damage flows through water

- Lower ammo usage for primary

- Slight AoE to primary

- Reasoning: The DEMP is meant to be a utility weapon, but unfortunately it is only really useful for killing ATSTs. It does a pretty good job, but it drains all its ammo to kill one ATST and it doesn't have any use outside of that. It ought to be stronger, dang it.

Flechette:

- Lower ammo use for primary

- Increased alt fire damage

- Reasoning: It's really bad at using up ammo quickly. The Repeater's alt fire does a much better job (1 x 20 vs ~3 x 8).

DarthStiv and DT. like this

When you say, "lower ammo use" are you saying to decrease the rate-of-fire (RoF)? Isn't RoF the driver here? Whichever one has 400 rounds and 50 secondary should have their capacity lowered... IMO.

EDIT: Also, I think very heavy weapons should slow your run into a jog/trot-- I think that would add to balance (heavier weapon-- more damage... slows you down making you more vulnerable.

"ammo usage" = how much ammo is used for each shot OR to kill an enemy.

It takes over 30 direct, non-headshot hits on a basic Stormtrooper in order to kill them. Alternatively, you could fire one 20 ammo grenade and kill everything in a 256 unit diameter.

Excellent suggestions, @@eezstreet. I agree with most of the changes! I think the repeater's primary shouldn't be more powerful. In essence, I see it as fast, inaccurate weapon that allows the player to spray-and-pray. I think buffing the damage may make it a bit OP, but I think the ammo efficency needs to be fixed.

I think it would be cool to have the Disruptor's primary more of a sniper shot, where it fires a bolt instead of a laser and is extremely powerful. Though you'd have to figure out a way to make the scope mode activate without using the secondary only.

Excellent suggestions, @@eezstreet. I agree with most of the changes! I think the repeater's primary shouldn't be more powerful. In essence, I see it as fast, inaccurate weapon that allows the player to spray-and-pray. I think buffing the damage may make it a bit OP, but I think the ammo efficency needs to be fixed.

This is exactly the problem, though. The blaster rifle already does this better than the Repeater, and it doesn't use precious Metallic Bolts either. The repeater is highly inaccurate at range, and you need to deplete a large quantity of shots before it's actually useful.

Here's some hard numbers to consider:

The blaster rifle fires a shot every 150ms using alt fire and expends 2 ammo per use. Each shot does 10 damage.

The repeater fires a shot every 70ms (100ms in multiplayer) and expends 1 ammo per use. Each shot does 1 damage.

Stormtroopers have 30 HP on Padawan difficulty and in multiplayer. 

For a blaster rifle, this means 3 shots. For a repeater, this means 30. Repeaters and blaster rifles have roughly the same accuracy (I think blaster alt is worse, don't hold me to that). So to kill something, you need to hold the fire button for 2.1 seconds (30 * 70 ms) and land every shot on a repeater. For a blaster, you need to hold for less than 1/4 of that (450 ms).

In terms of ammo, you're using 30 Metallic Bolts or 6 Blaster Pack ammo.

So, let's consider what happens when you buff the repeater to do 5x as much damage (making it 5x now for better math).

You'll need to fire 6 shots, and hold the button down for 600ms. The weapon would use 6 Metallic Bolts to fire. In terms of ammo efficiency, this is better than the Blaster (because remember, you can carry 400 Metallic Bolts but only carry 300 blaster ammo ;) ), but in terms of raw power, it's still not as good as the blaster, but not quite as much. The primary fire right now though is fucking awful in comparison. Hell, the Disruptor primary is more powerful than the Repeater's primary at this point. The Bowcaster is still the big winner here though in terms of power and ammo efficiency, as it does 40 damage every 500ms and only expends 5 ammo per shot. The big tradeoff with the Bowcaster though is that it has potential to bounce back and damage the player, which it can't do in MP at all.

therfiles likes this

Also, let me also mention that I only accounted for Padawan difficulty, and it takes even more hits to kill a stormtrooper in the higher difficulties. The bowcaster, repeater alt, blaster alt, and rocket launcher trump everything in the entire game because they consistently do high damage. You might also consider using the Disruptor, but it uses something like 60 or 70 ammo for a single kill (two if you're super duper lucky and line up the shot correctly). Blaster pistol alt is good too but all other weapons can kill faster (and the blaster rifle alt uses less ammo anyway)

therfiles and katanamaru like this

I think it would be cool to have the Disruptor's primary more of a sniper shot, where it fires a bolt instead of a laser and is extremely powerful. Though you'd have to figure out a way to make the scope mode activate without using the secondary only.

Personally, I'd like to see this as "just" a sniper weapon and eliminate the whole primary fire altogether.  

Personally, I'd like to see this as "just" a sniper weapon and eliminate the whole primary fire altogether.  

Right. But have two options for it still. One is a bolt shot, and one is a disruption shot. That way you can still disintegrate people to dust, or snipe them in the head.

Right. But have two options for it still. One is a bolt shot, and one is a disruption shot. That way you can still disintegrate people to dust, or snipe them in the head.

OH, all through the same animation.... I get what your saying now. 

Could be like 5 units per bolt and 25 per disintegration or something.  

OH, all through the same animation.... I get what your saying now. 

Could be like 5 units per bolt and 25 per disintegration or something.  

Well right now when you equip the disruptor, you can hip-fire as the primary, then the secondary is actually sniping. I'm saying to change the primary fire to sniping as well, but with bolt shot. The issue is, there's no way to get out of the scope view if it's like that. 

Well right now when you equip the disruptor, you can hip-fire as the primary, then the secondary is actually sniping. I'm saying to change the primary fire to sniping as well, but with bolt shot. The issue is, there's no way to get out of the scope view if it's like that. 

Yeah, I meant the same animation as the secondary "sniping" mode. I knew what you meant. The primary would be through the scope with a blaster bolt and the secondary would be the same just with disintegration. 

I have no idea on the coding end of this. Maybe try tracking down someone who originally worked on the game might help.

Bryar:

- Reduced firing rate for primary

- Increased damage substantially for the primary

- Reasoning: It's a slow and powerful weapon in the previous games, so it seems fitting to make it into a "revolver" in terms of power.

Were you planning on splitting the Bryar pistol and DL-44 into separate weapons? Anyway, I always felt the "power" part of the weapon came from the charge shot... Maybe the Bryar pistol would have the uber primary fire with a higher ammo drain and slightly slower ROF, but have a weak charge? And the DL-44 would be more like the current?

Also, it's so beat that the weapon when used by NPCs is meant only to be a "weak" weapon. It would be cool if NPCs could use alt-fire where they would fire the weapon at say... half speed, but they would fire charge shots at you. 

Blaster:

- Increased damage for primary

- Reasoning: Primary is less ammo consuming, yes, but there's basically no reason to use it aside from this.

Primary also has better accuracy. IIRC in JK2 SP in the first few levels I would use it to fight stormtroopers and other enemies at longer distances because it had better aim and ammo consumption especially considering half the secondary shots would miss. But I might agree about the damage.

Disruptor:

- Add charging for primary

- Increase base damage for primary

- Reasoning: Primary is totally useless (three hits to kill anything) and it makes little sense to restrict charging to secondary, so...

Would be interesting if NPCs could use primary fire sometimes...

Bowcaster:

- Cut ammo usage for primary

- Add multiple charge types to primary (press secondary while charging to switch)

- Reasoning: Secondary can already kill things with one shot, and it's bloody hard to hit anything with a charged primary (which also uses lots of ammo)

Cut ammo usage? Sure. Primary is good for one thing though. It can't be deflected back at you by pesky Jediz, whereas the secondary can (and is a good way to take a lot of damage quickly!).

Repeater:

- Increase primary damage by 4x

- Decrease primary firing rate to match MP

- Increase ammo usage of secondary

- Reasoning: How does it make any sense that the secondary is actually -more- ammo efficient -and- more powerful than the primary (!)

4x damage is a bit much I would say. But I would say at least 2x would be great if not 3x-4x. A slightly decreased primary fire rate would actually benefit it I think because it fires so dam fast and half the shots miss anyway at longer distances so it would make it easier not to waste shots I think. Increase ammo usage a bit for secondary? Sure. It's pretty strong anyway.

DEMP2:

- Secondary invokes knockdown

- Electricity damage flows through water

- Lower ammo usage for primary

- Slight AoE to primary

- Reasoning: The DEMP is meant to be a utility weapon, but unfortunately it is only really useful for killing ATSTs. It does a pretty good job, but it drains all its ammo to kill one ATST and it doesn't have any use outside of that. It ought to be stronger, dang it.

I found the demp 2 useful. Secondary has a very long range and perfectly accurate splash damage shot! It is also good for taking out Assassin droids (and saber droids?). Too bad AT-STs, saber droids, and assassin droids appear somewhat infrequently...

Flechette:

- Lower ammo use for primary

- Increased alt fire damage

- Reasoning: It's really bad at using up ammo quickly. The Repeater's alt fire does a much better job (1 x 20 vs ~3 x 8).

Sure.

Actually, just had an idea for the DEMP2. In MBII EMP grenades empty your currently equipped weapon's clip stealing ammo from you and also forcing you to wait a short time before you can fire again because you have to reload.

What if the weapon caused NPCs/the player to be unable to fire their blaster type weapons for a second or two? Drained some ammo from the player's currently equipped weapon? Shorted out your lightsaber? (Last one might be a little ridiculous :P)

The Briar and the DL-44 can't be obtained at the same time (DL-44 is JKA-specific, Bryar is JK2 specific)

Bryar is a lot better of a long range weapon than the blaster rifle. ;)

I might make non-sniper enemies (IE, enemies that grab the disruptor because it's better than their blaster) use the disruptor primary exclusively. Or make snipers fire it at you if you're close to them. They need more evasion in general.

There's way better ways to take out the Jedi enemies than the bowcaster though (trip mines, lightsaber, det packs, flechette) and the charging mechanic is still really useless regardless.

Check out my math above as to why Repeater damage ought to be increased by at least 4x (5x would be better). The fire rate is not related to the accuracy of the weapon (if it fires slower it's still just as accurate). I could improve the accuracy though too, you're right, it's pretty useless at range.

There are -no- assassin or saber droids in JK2. My point is that every firing mode and every weapon ought to be useful. Also the DEMP2 secondary uses a whole lot of ammo (same problem as disruptor secondary and bowcaster primary, they use way too much ammo for not a whole lot)

The whole point of inflicting knockdown or a "stun" effect is that the enemies would be rendered harmless for a second or two. ;)

About the whole water thing: there's code in JK2 SP which says something to the effect of 

// FIXME: spread out over water?

I like your suggestions so far. 

Do you have any ideas for dealing with saber wielding opponents? Or just stick with sabers?

Do you still plan to make these variables modifiable with your custom game settings?

How about increasing the projectile speed?

For JA I went through and made everything use less ammo and hold more of it. That was my simple fix for using blasters in sp.

Instead of a weapons.dat, the JK2 portion of the mod uses JSON files. Each JSON file contains information about every single weapon, similar to what you would find in weapons.dat, however there are many more variables in that file.

You can switch between which JSON file you want using the g_weaponFile cvar (requires a level reload to take effect)

Here's an example of what exists right now, my custom version which is modified from DT85's Imperial Heavy Repeater

{
    "WP_NONE": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_none",
        "AmmoIndex":        "AMMO_NONE",
        "AmmoLow":            5,
        "EnergyPerShot":    0,
        "FireTime":            100,
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/noweap/noweap.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/noweap/noweap.glm"
    },

"WP_SABER": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_saber",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/saber/saber_w.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/saber/saber_w.glm",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_lightsaber",
        "FiringSound":        "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum1.wav",
        "AmmoIndex":        "AMMO_FORCE",
        "AmmoLow":        5,
        "EnergyPerShot":    1,
        "FireTime":        100,
        "Range":        8192,
        "AltEnergyPerShot":    3,
        "AltFireTime":        100,
        "AltRange":        8192,
        "MissileModel":        "models/weapons2/saber/saber_w.md3"
    },

"WP_BRYAR_PISTOL": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_bryar_pistol",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/briar_pistol/briar_pistol.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/briar_pistol/briar_pistol_w.glm",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_briar",
        "Func":            "bryar_func",
        "AltFunc":        "bryar_alt_func",
        "AmmoIndex":        "AMMO_BLASTER",
        "AmmoLow":        15,
        "FireTime":        400,
        "AltEnergyPerShot":    1,
        "AltFireTime":        400,
        "MuzzleEffect":        "bryar/muzzle_flash",
        "AltMuzzleEffect":    "bryar/altmuzzle_flash",
        "AltChargeSound":    "sound/weapons/bryar/altcharge.wav",
        "SelectSound":        "sound/weapons/bryar/select.wav",
        "Damage":        14,
        "AltDamage":        14
    },

"WP_BLASTER": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_blaster",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/blaster_r/blaster.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/blaster_r/blaster_w.glm",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_blaster",
        "AmmoLow":            15,
        "FireTime":            350,
        "Range":            8192,
        "AltEnergyPerShot":    2,
        "AltFireTime":        150,
        "AltRange":            8192,
        "Func":                "blaster_func",
        "AltFunc":            "blaster_alt_func",
        "MuzzleEffect":        "blaster/muzzle_flash",
        "AltMuzzleEffect":    "blaster/altmuzzle_flash",
        "SelectSound":        "sound/weapons/blaster/select.wav",
        "Damage":            20,
        "AltDamage":        20
    },

"WP_DISRUPTOR": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_disruptor",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/disruptor/disruptor.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/disruptor/disruptor_w.glm",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_disruptor",
        "AmmoIndex":        "AMMO_POWERCELL",
        "EnergyPerShot":    3,
        "NumBarrels":        1,
        "FireTime":        600,
        "AltEnergyPerShot":    3,
        "AltFireTime":        1300,
        "MuzzleEffect":        "disruptor/muzzle_flash",
        "AltMuzzleEffect":    "disruptor/altmuzzle_flash",
        "SelectSound":        "sound/weapons/disruptor/select.wav",
        "AltChargeSound":    "sound/weapons/disruptor/altCharge.wav",
        "AltDamage":        12
    },

"WP_BOWCASTER": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_bowcaster",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/bowcaster/bowcaster.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/bowcaster/bowcaster_w.glm",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_bowcaster",
        "AltChargeSound":    "sound/weapons/bowcaster/altcharge.wav",
        "EnergyPerShot":    5,
        "FireTime":        750,
        "AltEnergyPerShot":    5,
        "Func":            "bowcaster_func",
        "AltFunc":        "bowcaster_func",
        "MuzzleEffect":        "bowcaster/muzzle_flash",
        "AltMuzzleEffect":    "bowcaster/altmuzzle_flash",
        "SelectSound":        "sound/weapons/bowcaster/select.wav",
        "ChargeSound":        "sound/weapons/bowcaster/altcharge.wav",
        "Damage":        45,
        "AltDamage":        45
    },

"WP_REPEATER": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_repeater",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/heavy_repeater/model.glm",
        "SkinFile":         "models/weapons2/heavy_repeater/model_default.skin",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/heavy_repeater/heavy_repeater_w.glm",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_repeater",
        "AmmoIndex":        "AMMO_METAL_BOLTS",
        "AmmoLow":        25,
        "NoHandModel":         1,
        "FireTime":        50,
        "AltEnergyPerShot":    8,
        "AltFireTime":        800,
        "Func":            "repeater_func",
        "AltFunc":        "repeater_alt_func",
        "MuzzleEffect":        "repeater/muzzle_flash",
        "AltMuzzleEffect":    "repeater/altmuzzle_flash",
        "SelectSound":        "sound/weapons/repeater/select.wav",
        "AltDamage":        60,
        "AltSplashDamage":    60,
        "AltSplashRadius":    128
    },

"WP_DEMP2": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_repeater",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/demp2/demp2.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/demp2/demp2_w.glm",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_demp2",
        "EnergyPerShot":    8,
        "FireTime":        450,
        "AltEnergyPerShot":    10,
        "AltFireTime":        1200,
        "Func":            "demp2_func",
        "AltFunc":        "demp2_alt_func",
        "MuzzleEffect":        "demp2/muzzle_flash",
        "AltMuzzleEffect":    "demp2/altmuzzle_flash",
        "SelectSound":        "sound/weapons/demp2/select.wav",
        "AltChargeSound":    "sound/weapons/demp2/altCharge.wav",
        "Damage":        15,
        "AltDamage":        15,
        "AltSplashDamage":    15,
        "AltSplashRadius":    256
    },

"WP_FLECHETTE": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_flechette",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/golan_arms/golan_arms.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/golan_arms/golan_arms_w.glm",
        "AmmoIndex":        "AMMO_METAL_BOLTS",
        "FireTime":        550,
        "EnergyPerShot":    8,
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_flechette",
        "AltEnergyPerShot":    8,
        "Func":            "flechette_func",
        "MissileModel":        "models/weapons2/golan_arms/projectileMain.md3",
        "AltFunc":        "flechette_alt_func",
        "MuzzleEffect":        "flechette/muzzle_flash",
        "AltMuzzleEffect":    "flechette/altmuzzle_flash",
        "AltMissileModel":    "models/weapons2/golan_arms/projectile.md3",
        "SelectSound":        "sound/weapons/flechette/select.wav",
        "Damage":        15,
        "AltDamage":        20,
        "AltSplashDamage":    20,
    },

"WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_rocket_launcher",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/merr_sonn/merr_sonn.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/merr_sonn/merr_sonn_w.glm",
        "AmmoIndex":        "AMMO_ROCKETS",
        "AmmoLow":        1,
        "FireTime":        600,
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_merrsonn",
        "AltFireTime":        1000,
        "MissileDLight":    125,
        "MissileDLightColor":    [ 1.0, 1.0, 0.5 ],
        "AltMissileDLight":    125,
        "AltMissileDLightColor": [ 1.0, 1.0, 0.5 ],
        "Func":            "rocket_func",
        "AltFunc":        "rocket_alt_func",
        "MuzzleEffect":        "rocket/muzzle_flash2",
        "AltMuzzleEffect":    "rocket/altmuzzle_flash",
        "MissileModel":        "models/weapons2/merr_sonn/projectile.md3",
        "AltMissileModel":    "models/weapons2/merr_sonn/projectile.md3",
        "MissileSound":        "sound/weapons/rocket/missileloop.wav",
        "AltMissileSound":    "sound/weapons/rocket/missileloop.wav",
        "SelectSound":        "sound/weapons/rocket/select.wav",
        "Damage":        100,
        "AltDamage":        100,
        "SplashDamage":        100,
        "AltSplashDamage":    100,
        "SplashRadius":        160,
        "AltSplashRadius":    160
    },

"WP_THERMAL": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_thermal",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/thermal/thermal.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/thermal/thermal_w.glm",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_thermal",
        "AmmoIndex":        "AMMO_THERMAL",
        "FireTime":        800,
        "MissileModel":        "models/weapons2/thermal/thermal_proj.md3",
        "AltMissileModel":    "models/weapons2/thermal/thermal_proj.md3",
        "NumBarrels":        0,
        "ChargeSound":        "sound/weapons/thermal/charge.wav",
        "AltChargeSound":    "sound/weapons/thermal/charge.wav",
        "SelectSound":        "sound/weapons/thermal/select.wav",
        "MuzzleEffect":        "thermal/muzzle_flash",
        "SplashDamage":        90,
        "SplashRadius":        128,
        "AltSplashDamage":    90,
    },

"WP_TRIP_MINE": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_trip_mine",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/laser_trap/laser_trap.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/laser_trap/laser_trap_w.glm",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_tripmine",
        "AmmoIndex":        "AMMO_TRIPMINE",
        "MissileModel":        "models/weapons2/laser_trap/laser_trap_w.glm",
        "AltMissileModel":    "models/weapons2/laser_trap/laser_trap_w.glm",
        "SelectSound":        "sound/weapons/detpack/select.wav",
        "MuzzleEffect":        "tripmine/muzzle_flash",
        "Damage":        150,
        "AltDamage":        150,
        "SplashDamage":        90,
        "AltSplashDamage":    90,
        "SplashRadius":        256,
        "AltSplashRadius":    256
    },

"WP_DET_PACK": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_det_pack",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/detpack/det_pack.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/detpack/det_pack_w.glm",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_detpack",
        "AmmoIndex":        "AMMO_DETPACK",
        "AltEnergyPerShot":    0,
        "MissileModel":        "models/weapons2/detpack/det_pack_proj.glm",
        "SelectSound":        "sound/weapons/detpack/select.wav",
        "MuzzleEffect":        "detpack/muzzle_flash",
        "SplashDamage":        200,
        "AltSplashDamage":    200,
        "SplashRadius":        128,
    },

"WP_STUN_BATON": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_stun_baton",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/stun_baton/baton.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/stun_baton/baton_w.glm",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_stunbaton",
        "FiringSound":        "sound/weapons/baton/idle.wav",
        "NumBarrels":        3,
        "Damage":        22,
        "AltDamage":        22
    },

"WP_MELEE": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_melee",
        "FireTime":        1000,
        "Range":        1024,
    },

"WP_EMPLACED_GUN": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_emplaced_gun",
        "AmmoIndex":        "AMMO_EMPLACED",
        "FireTime":        150,
        "Func":            "emplaced_func",
        "AltFunc":        "emplaced_func",
        "MuzzleEffect":        "emplaced/muzzle_flash",
    },

"WP_BOT_LASER": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_bryar_pistol",
        "EnergyPerShot":    2,
        "FireTime":        1600,
        "AltDamage":        14,
    },

"WP_TURRET": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_turret",
        "WeaponIcon":        "icons/w_icon_turret",
        "Func":            "turret_func",
        "MuzzleEffect":        "turret/muzzle_flash",
    },

"WP_ATST_MAIN": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_atst_main",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_atst",
        "Func":            "atstmain_func",
        "AltFunc":        "atstmain_func",
        "FireTime":        200,
        "Damage":        25,
        "AltDamage":        25,
    },

"WP_ATST_SIDE": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_atst_side",
        "WeaponIcon":        "gfx/hud/w_icon_atstside",
        "AltMissileModel":    "models/weapons2/merr_sonn/projectile.md3",
        "Func":            "atst_side_main_func",
        "AltFunc":        "atst_side_alt_func",
        "AltMuzzleEffect":    "emplaced/muzzle_flash",
        "Damage":        75,
        "AltDamage":        130,
        "SplashDamage":        10,
        "SplashRadius":        16,
        "AltSplashDamage":    130,
        "AltSplashRadius":    200,
    },

"WP_TIE_FIGHTER": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_tie_fighter",
        "WeaponIcon":        "icons/w_icon_tie",
        "AltFunc":        "emplaced_func",
    },

"WP_RAPID_FIRE_CONC": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_radid_concussion", // lol spelled wrong
        "WeaponIcon":        "icons/w_icon_tie",
        "AltFunc":        "repeater_alt_func",
    },

"WP_BLASTER_PISTOL": {
        "Classname":        "weapon_blaster_pistol",
        "WeaponModel":        "models/weapons2/imp_pistol/pistol.md3",
        "WorldModel":        "models/weapons2/imp_pistol/pistol_w.glm",
        "AltFunc":        "bryar_alt_func",
        "AmmoLowCount":        15,
        "EnergyPerShot":    2,
        "AltEnergyPerShot":    2,
        "MuzzleEffect":        "bryar/muzzle_flash",
        "AltDamage":        14
    }
}

^Could we get that for the JA weapons.dat? (I seem to recall you saying that in OpenJK you implemented some sort of code-side support for taking this information from the .dat file a while back...)

It would make for much easier editing in JA.

Would anyone like a 10-20% projectile speed increase for all weapons? I always felt gun combat compared to mb2 felt a tad on the slow side in base SP and MP (especially MP when I had a pistol duel with someone once, was impossible for either person to hit the other :P).

katanamaru and therfiles like this