Override mirrored textures?

I'm working on a reskin right now and just realized that some aspects of the textures are mirrored instead of having individual textures for the two different sides. Is the only way to fix this to completely re-UV-wrap? Is there a way around this at all? Would it be a tough job?

Thanks!

If you mirror your model, including the UV map, the texture will be mirrored, yes. You need to edit the UV map to change that. Whether that would be a tough job depends on lots of details.

I don't know if the model is mirrored or not or if it's just the UV map or what, since I know nothing about modeling. I just know what I see in the textures and model unfortunately. It's the Jango/Boba VM model if that helps at all. Just wanted to add two different designs on the two shoulders but there's only one should in the textures. =/

I don't know if the model is mirrored or not or if it's just the UV map or what, since I know nothing about modeling. I just know what I see in the textures and model unfortunately. It's the Jango/Boba VM model if that helps at all. Just wanted to add two different designs on the two shoulders but there's only one should in the textures. =/

The mesh being a mirror of itself is a moot point, you can still have different UVs in that case, BUT they have to have been manually changed after the mirroring was done.  What you're dealing with here, is that the UVs are mirrored, yes. Unfortunately what this means is, the only way to create non-mirrored textures is to completely re-UVmap the meshs in question.  But this would also mean you'd have to re-rig the character, recompile it, and so on and so forth.

But this would also mean you'd have to re-rig the character, recompile it, and so on and so forth.

No, my blender importer imports weighs, if you use that it's just a matter of re-UVmapping it. That's still quite some work, especially if there are multiple LODs, but it's manageable.

another way would be to split the mirrored mesh piece in 2 and assign 2 different textures to them or copy a piece of the mesh you wan't your decal on and apply a decal shader to that piece. this would exchange UV mapping with simple modeling work

So either way it's going to require opening the model up and messing with either the UV map or the model itself? Meh, I'll just skip it then. I don't have the time to learn how to do any of that unfortunately. Thanks for the help.

If the 2 shoulders are separated mesh like l_sholder or r_shoider you not need to edit the model of UVmapping for retexture one of the two sholder. there is another way more easy: simply open the model_defuault.SKIN file with notepad and change the path of the texture of the sholde yu want to edit.

Example: if is r_sholder and the texture is

r_sholder,models/players/bobavm/sholder

l_sholder,models/players/bobavm/sholder

yu need to set something like:

r_sholder,models/players/bobavm/sholderR

l_sholder,models/players/bobavm/sholderL

Copy the "sholder" texture into the 2 files, sholderR and sholderL inside the fodler of model.

edit one of the two files. now sholder have different textures. :)

Yu need to add that's texture also in the boba fett VM' shader file. open the .SHADER file with Notepad (yu find into shaders folder) and copy the sholder shader 2 times. rename one models/players/bobavm/sholder into models/players/bobavm/sholderR. 

same with the SholderL

example:

models/players/bobavm/sholder

{

{

map models/players/bobavm/sholder

blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map models/players/bobavm/sholder

blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE