U.S.S. Enterprise-D (NCC-1701-D)

12 members have voted

1. 1. is this a good idea?

• Defenitly, sign me up!
    • Yup, sorry I am not a modder can't help
    • Maybe, undecided at this point
    • No, I hate star trek

he is making the NCC-1701 the first enterprise ('also known as Captain Kirk's Ship') I never really got into it like I did Star Trek: The Next Generation. You should watch it if you haven't already.

I was also thinking the NX-01 Too. But this has more locations and would take more time to construct. I might begin the basic work this weekend if I get around to it. and just a reminder those were just examples of what I would create. I didn't create nuthin yet.

it is a discussion, but I guess you could consider it a request as well but its primarily a discussion not a request.

I am requesting assistance on this project to make this possible.

definitely need assistance there

You should indicate that you'll be needing a mapper or two as well. After all, decompiling isn't really a skill, now is it? :)

The copypasta sauce runs out eventually you know.

Known plagiarist seeks attention. Seems on topic to me.

Regardless, he just wants help on, or help making, this map. Perhaps @ can clarify better which it is he wants. If it actually is a request, I would be more than happy to move the thread.

You have my full permission to move this to W.I.P once I post some screenshots of my mapping progress. I will begin work on the main bridge tomorrow but it probably won't be very accurate to the show until I find some decent textures (as I said I am no texture artist) and some modellers to (I am no modeller either).

Right, I understand. I would recommend caulking out the room first, and then assigning some temporary texture, no light compile, just meta, and make sure you get the scaling correct.

sound like a plan.

lol... ? Okay then. I'll entertain this fantasy.

If he wants to learn how to map, then I have no problem with it at all. In fact, I'd encourage it. If you have your doubts, that's fine, but I'd like to at least have a small amount of faith that things will work out. :)

Hey Guys,

I've been waiting for years for someone to begin work on an Enterprise-D map and nobody has ever made one. So I've decided to create one... well not yet anyways. That's why I am posting here, I would like to have the final completed version out in 5 years or less. I am requesting assistance on this project to make this possible. i can make the overall design of the ship but I am no modeller or texture artist so definitely need assistance there. I also plan on making this map with as little lag as possible so its playable with all the details and functions. It will contain all locations on the enterprise-d from all series/episodes/movies.

Note: Any people who want to complain about my idea can go right ahead, i am going to ignore your posts. (You know who you are...)

Tell me if your interested. I have posted some examples of what we are to do...

This is a neat idea. Are you making this with intention of just making the ship itself for sake of doing it? If so, my suggestion would be to use Elite Forces since you could probably save time when it comes to creating textures. Models, too. 

I have post-poned (hopefully not for long) development of this level until i can find someone who can make models since it would be much simpler to make specific stuff (such as many parts of the bridge). But I have not cancelled my plans for developing this, absolutely not.

A level goes through a fuck ton of regular block in geo work before anyone in art even comes close to touching it. So yes. Block the damn thing out in Radiant. Show some work. Then people will be like, "Oh, the project is moving forward. Maybe I will contribute!".

Whatever else happens with who you find to art the level, it still needs to be a really good block out FIRST.

Boothand and Omicron like this