Modify JA+

Not easily, and the method used would be different on each version of JA+

It would be a server-side only change.

You'd have to disassemble the code to find where clan-chat messages are sent, then hex-edit the colour it uses.

It could use its own string, or point to strings used multiple times and concatenate them. Could be painful.

I see it's not worth the time doing such thing.

Also, in JA+ could I change the was kicked message to another one? In JK2 i was able to at a time

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

It would be the same process mentioned above.

May as-well use JA++, with source available. =]

The thing is that from what i've read in the download page, I'm in need of many things that JA+ posseses, the admin cmds, the admin ban, adm levels, hook, clan chat / admin chat, the sabering system, logging, match ip to user... and i can't seem to find those in ja++.

and i know that adm cmds are meaningless, but in my case i have been obliged to use them these days because of people making trouble and I can't lack of them.

Bacon likes this

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

The thing is that from what i've read in the download page, I'm in need of many things that JA+ posseses, the admin cmds, the admin ban, adm levels, hook, clan chat / admin chat, the sabering system, logging, match ip to user... and i can't seem to find those in ja++.

Admin commands exist, most of them are the same as JA+

The banning system is more powerful than JA+ - it supports ban reasons and temporary bans.

Instead of admin levels, JA++ has admin users, each with their own password, privileges, "rank", and login message. With this, you can create e.g. a Council user, Knight user, and Instructor user to mimic JA+

Grapple hook exists, and behaves exactly the same as JA+

Admin chat exists. Instead of clanchat, I have private channels. Essentially, you can join and messages as many channels as you want if you know the password. The JA++ client has a tabbed chatbox to manage messaging different channels.

What part of the saber system is missing? I allow SP/MP damages, and added optional tweaks. I improved MP damages at low server framerate.

There's a lot of logging in JA++, what's missing?

I haven't yet added the IP matching, but this could be done with a lua plugin.

Admin commands exist, most of them are the same as JA+

The banning system is more powerful than JA+ - it supports ban reasons and temporary bans.

Instead of admin levels, JA++ has admin users, each with their own password, privileges, "rank", and login message. With this, you can create e.g. a Council user, Knight user, and Instructor user to mimic JA+

Grapple hook exists, and behaves exactly the same as JA+

Admin chat exists. Instead of clanchat, I have private channels. Essentially, you can join and messages as many channels as you want if you know the password. The JA++ client has a tabbed chatbox to manage messaging different channels.

What part of the saber system is missing? I allow SP/MP damages, and added optional tweaks. I improved MP damages at low server framerate.

There's a lot of logging in JA++, what's missing?

I haven't yet added the IP matching, but this could be done with a lua plugin.

I didn't know all of this, could I contact you through some IM program? Skype or something like that because I'd like to talk with you about this.

emotes?

Still waiting on someone to make a tutorial on JA++ that tells you how to setup the mod. So far something to explain the server.cfg if that is being used still :P what do I change, remove or replace. "Landing Pad" gives me a list of them Cvars but nothing to say further. ^.^

Still waiting on someone to make a tutorial on JA++ that tells you how to setup the mod. So far something to explain the server.cfg if that is being used still :P what do I change, remove or replace. "Landing Pad" gives me a list of them Cvars but nothing to say further. ^.^

I have an example cfg... the prob is that since I installed it a few big bugs affected my serve rlol.