3 things... Ase models,cameras in multiplayer and skybox panorama

1.What are the ase models and how to use them properly?

It's just a simple model format into which Q3Map2 can convert your map so it's convenient for Radiant-created models. Models lack a lot of the features of brushes and patches - most notably lightmaps and collision - but can have finer detail than brush geometry and are scalable.

Sometimes you want to use models for performance reasons or because you run into brush-related limits - e.g. having lots of patches (like a detailed round room) can decrease performance, presumably due to the amount of calculations necessary for collision detection. I had such a case and I improved it by turning the room into an .ase model and creating simplified collision objects.

3.And i saw this http://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/125-how-to-make-a-panorama/

Can i use it to make a skybox?

No, it lacks top and bottom. But you can use a script to create a cutscene that positions the camera correctly for skybox screenshots at your current position.

Sometime i use solid misc_model and not get me much trouble. Yu can use, but yu need that consideration: the map weight is much highter. also, for decompiling the map, yu will see a disaster: every misc model solid get hundred of triangles with "shader not found" textures. yu not image how is terrific to see a decompiled misc model forest in gtk radiant in front of the eyes XD.

yu can use, but the map can give problems of long loading because the brushes amount are very high. a structrual detailed map is VERY slow to load. if it's possible, it's ever better use that's procedure:

1: put your misc_model into the map.

2: for each misc_model, create a corrispondent misc_model_static entity , set the path of the misc_model and put the entity on the same origin X Y Z of its misc_model.

3: create around the misc_model some physic clip brushes that make collision, because the misc_model_entity are ever not solid.

4: delete the misc_model. 

5: now yu have a misc_model_static entity with around a "bounding box" maked of physical brushes around geometry of the model.

in that's way, loading time of map is very fast. the unique trouble of making that is: 1: more worktime. 2: if yu make a bad physical brushes form, players or NPC or shoots can compenetrate the model in strange way. it's not much good to see.

misc_model_static is useful for slow pc machine for not overload graphic memory card.

if yu use misc_model, yu need also a powerful pc and graphic video card because brush calculation is more long and strong. 

also, building compilation of making a structural model is very increased.

i hiope, if yu use misc_model instead of misc_model_static, yu have a POWERFUL pc. :)