EffectEd 2.0

Is not basically a mod, but is an upgrade of an useful tool of sdk.

The EffectEd is the tool making custom efx for JA.

pity have some big missing.

Has not an undo function so if someone make a mistake making an effect, if has not saved, neet to remake all.  for example, if had cleared a primitive for error. 

other great missing function is a function for append .efx files like behaved make with script append.

if i wanna to create an efx with comnbination of primitived edited of 2 efx, i need to open manually the files and copy the efx i need and paste into the new files. that's suck a lock.

the third issue is a not friendly user of the shader panel with the list of all shader of JA or other mod at your disposition.

Is not possible to make a better shader selector, maybe that show also a preview of the sprite yu are putting? O.o

So i am asking: some good programmer can do a better version of EffectEditor with that's new feature for make more easily to use? :(

Issues with EffectsEd:

* Path configuration + sourcesafe is a huge pain to get right

* camera manipulation/world coordinates/scale reference is confusing and can lead to tiny/huge effects

* dialog boxes everywhere for errors!

* specifying shaders is ugly and painful

* fov warping

* No Mac/Linux support?

* Nice graphics info...

if i wanna to create an efx with comnbination of primitived edited of 2 efx, i need to open manually the files and copy the efx i need and paste into the new files. that's suck a lock.

You can use an FxRunner to call another .efx file.
Asgarath83 likes this