Weapons, Ammo, & Items issues

shot0010.jpg

I created a "supply shed" so to speak in the trenches of my outdoor level. This is where I'd like the player to pick up a Pistol, some detonators, and some ammo.

I'm running into an issue where sometimes the items will not be in the compiled map I run.  On my shelf there is a space by the med-boxes for an item and on the bottom shelf there is a space for more items. No matter what I put on that shelf, it will not show up in the game at all.

Towards the right of the crosshair is an open crate with the lid leaning against the side of the crate. In here I wanted to put the detonators. However, they won't show up but I can put blaster packs in there and they'll spawn fine. If I put the detonators on the crate right by the crosshair they'll spawn fine.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Also, I have the weapons rack model on the wall in another part of this room. I want to put some blasters on it. My problem is that the blasters won't point upwards and they don't seem to show up in the game, either. How does one make this weapons rack work. I couldn't find one in the Kejim map.

I believe you need to set the project settings to Singleplayer Mapping Mode to get the misc_model_gun_rack/misc_model_weapon_rack.

As for the shelf, it's possible that items need a certain amount of space around them, I don't know for sure.

My project is set for SP mapping and my gun rack works great as it just hangs on the wall. The problem is trying to get blasters or something to orient themselves upwards  so I can put them on the rack. 

On to your space comment. I think this may be pretty accurate. It seems that the top  of the bounding box of what I add to the map needs to be in open space. Nothing I put on the shelf works because the bounding box is cut by the next shelf. I CAN put stuff in the open crate and have the sides touching or going through and things spawn ok. ODD.  

My project is set for SP mapping and my gun rack works great as it just hangs on the wall. The problem is trying to get blasters or something to orient themselves upwards  so I can put them on the rack. 

On to your space comment. I think this may be pretty accurate. It seems that the top  of the bounding box of what I add to the map needs to be in open space. Nothing I put on the shelf works because the bounding box is cut by the next shelf. I CAN put stuff in the open crate and have the sides touching or going through and things spawn ok. ODD.

?

You should be able to orient the guns just fine. Set the spawnflags on the misc_model_gun_rack and it will spawn guns on the rack for you.

?

You should be able to orient the guns just fine. Set the spawnflags on the misc_model_gun_rack and it will spawn guns on the rack for you.

I don't have any spawnflags on my entity, that seems to be the problem. I have nothing to check nor do I have anything in the text portion of the entity window. Do you know the spawnflags offhand so I can do them manually? 

A known issue with JA. I tried to put bottles into the map, simple md3 objects. And they didn't appear, because I were using model_breakable (well, it's glass bottles after all). I am not sure about items and their parameters, but for other objects (md3 and not pickable by Player) I tried these:

mins

-2 -2 0

maxs

2 2 16

It's difficult to explain... But these help (sometimes) if the model is too large or too small... Hmmm... Not very good at describing things.

What I want to say is perhaps, that these commands might or might not help you, just give them a try. Also the advice about more space around the items/objects is the one to be appreciated.

All this stuff is so unpredictable, and some solutions work differently with what seemed to be the same issue.

^ not even related at all.

Here are the spawnflags for misc_model_gun_rack ( I believe):

spawnflags 1 - blaster

spawnflags 2 - repeater

spawnflags 4 - rocket

using spawnflags 9 = puts a blaster, repeater and a rocket launcher on the gun rack

Also you might be interested in misc_model_ammo_rack:

spawnflags 1 - blaster

spawnflags 2 - metallic bolts

spawnflags 4 - rocket ammo

spawnflags 8 - place a weapon on the rack matching the ammo type

spawnflags 16 - place a health pack on the rack

spawnflags 32 - power cell

spawnfalgs 64 - do not fill up empty spots automatically

Also make sure that you've got the SP project loaded in Radiant..

^ not even related at all.

Here are the spawnflags for misc_model_gun_rack ( I believe):

spawnflags 1 - blaster

spawnflags 2 - repeater

spawnflags 4 - rocket

using spawnflags 9 = puts a blaster, repeater and a rocket launcher on the gun rack

Also you might be interested in misc_model_ammo_rack:

spawnflags 1 - blaster

spawnflags 2 - metallic bolts

spawnflags 4 - rocket ammo

spawnflags 8 - place a weapon on the rack matching the ammo type

spawnflags 16 - place a health pack on the rack

spawnflags 32 - power cell

spawnfalgs 64 - do not fill up empty spots automatically

Also make sure that you've got the SP project loaded in Radiant..

I definitely have SP mapping enabled, but, none of this worked. :(  

Do you know where exactly these gunracks are in the Kejim Map by chance? I went through it since that is where the models are listed and I can't find any.

Thanks.. I forgot about that little storage area....

I looked at the Model and I saw the tick boxes and stuff so it wasn't the version of Radiant I was using. It turns out that I was right clicking on the map and then selecting misc/model/ then choosing the directory of the model itself, like from the Kejim map objects directory. I never bothered to look at what appears when you right click, choose misc model and then one from the listing right there. I don't understand why it would be any different. However, it is.

So, that problem is solved... hurray!