Mudbox Project : Boga/Varactyl

As I jsut started learning Mudbox I'd like to share the progress of my first sculpt with you guys

I started to sculpt Boga , the Varactyl (giant utapauan Lizard) ridden by Obi Wan in EP3

I created a simple base mesh in 3ds max and started Sculpting , here's what I have so far

gN0zXdy.png

I'll have to reduce the Definition of the Muscle in her arms a "little" , I sculpted deifned muscleo n her arms and tried to bulk that up rather than bulk first and then define like im doing at the Legs now

What. the. actual. fuck.

The thought to message him about it, was in fact just crossing my mind. SCARY.

But we could use a modeler devoted to aliens and creatures....O.o

Like I've said before, I'm predictable.

Haha! :D

That's great. I figured you would. If you hadn't at least thought about it, I would be extremely surprised. This is some quality work and you'd be a fool not to take the opportunity to at least ask. And you are no fool. :P

Haha! :D

That's great. I figured you would. If you hadn't at least thought about it, I would be extremely surprised. This is some quality work and you'd be a fool not to take the opportunity to at least ask. And you are no fool. :P

If I keep this up, we are going to end up with one of those "hide yo kids" memes about me <.<

Circa likes this

What's your rig like to be able to handle that much quality? I always struggle to have a full size model when sculpting in any program. :S

I can handle about 2 million polies before it starts to lag out last time i checked, i have a 3.0 Ghz quad core and 6Gig of RAM, 2Gig on graphics card.

What's your rig like to be able to handle that much quality? I always struggle to have a full size model when sculpting in any program. :S

Pretty crappy Actually :

AMD Athlon II X2 245 2.9 GHz (old dualcore Cpu)

4 GB Ram (32 bit win 7)

Geforce GTX 460 GPU (1 GB)

I use gamebooster to boost my mudbox , anyway that mesh is at 1,77 million polys

and I think if I raise the subdiv level higher my mudbox will just freeze / crash

Edit : sub-d lvl 7 can still be calculated without freezing mudbox , turning aorund the sculpt get's laggy though but that's okay for a 7 Million poly Mesh I guess

this was unboosted btw I highly doubt that my system can take another level of subdivision without freezing

Nice, we have around about the same setup though I run core i3 first gen. :P

Oh incase I fee l like bothering with the retopo , rigging and animation of her I might put her in JA

Make it eat Rosh in the JKA Gold Pack. ;)

Circa likes this