TFU Shadow Trooper (From XBOX 360)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright, Deviance now that I have a better understanding of shaders, I should be able to help with your 360 trooper.

First, you need some sort of image that has a reflective tone to it, from what I can tell it is of a slight blue color. Look at the ref pics I posted for reference. If you need need an image, I recommend using the one DT used for the Stormtrooper gloss. Be sure to ask him if it is all right.

Once you have that set you will need a code to set up which areas will be reflective and which areas will not.

Fortunately, with the help of Ashura, I now have a code template that you can use for this.

models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/armor

{

q3map_nolightmap

q3map_onlyvertexlighting

{

map models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/armor

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/gloss

blendFunc GL_ZERO GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR

detail

alphaGen lightingSpecular

tcGen environment

}

{

map models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/armor-noshine

blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA

detail

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

}

You will need a second image that has the areas selected that you don't want to be reflective. That is what the armor-noshine is for. The ref photos I provided should help you to see which areas are reflective and which are not. I haven't really gotten to the glow part just yet, but if you need more information on anything, let me know.

Edit: I might also suggest you keep this in a second shader file. That, way nothing is damaged with your current shader settings.

Lamented likes this

Alright, Deviance now that I have a better understanding of shaders, I should be able to help with your 360 trooper.

First, you need some sort of image that has a reflective tone to it, from what I can tell it is of a slight blue color. Look at the ref pics I posted for reference. If you need need an image, I recommend using the one DT used for the Stormtrooper gloss. Be sure to ask him if it is all right.

Once you have that set you will need a code to set up which areas will be reflective and which areas will not.

Fortunately, with the help of Ashura, I now have a code template that you can use for this.

models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/armor

{

q3map_nolightmap

q3map_onlyvertexlighting

{

map models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/armor

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/gloss

blendFunc GL_ZERO GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR

detail

alphaGen lightingSpecular

tcGen environment

}

{

map models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/armor-noshine

blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA

detail

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

}

You will need a second image that has the areas selected that you don't want to be reflective. That is what the armor-noshine is for. The ref photos I provided should help you to see which areas are reflective and which are not. I haven't really gotten to the glow part just yet, but if you need more information on anything, let me know.

Edit: I might also suggest you keep this in a second shader file. That, way nothing is damaged with your current shader settings.

Might I suggest that you use the code tags for stuff like shaders when posting here :P It keeps it's proper formatting when doing so.

@@Barricade24

Thank you very much for your assistance, I always held out hope for this Shadow Trooper even though I thought it would end soon enough. It's also lately I've been working on two S--

AHEM.

Sssssssstormtroopers, yeah, that's my project. But anyway, thank you. I've been becoming a lot more skilled lately and when I'm finished with my Ssssssssssstormtrooper, I'll get back on track with this. Thank you.

Barricade24 likes this

The stache? I actually used a TFU texture...

See, I noticed it was the same shape as DT's stache but not the same size. So, I cut both textures down straight to the staches, then I found out DT's stache size when it was cut down and resized the TFU stache. Then I attached it impeccably as another layer, put it on the DT85 texture, and just tested it out in ModView. Also, I have a few edits to go over regarding the armor, but... ya.

I'm experimenting. :P

And I may try to do the same thing for HS Dooku -- use TFU texture overlapping.

But yeah. That's how I got it. Can't say I'll use the same technique for just about everything else, but uh... it proved really helpful with the stache.