High Velocity JKAcademy

Carbon

High Velocity is an Academy founded by myself and a few others who wanted to help people learn the basics of saber play. We offer private and group lesson times to all our students as well as fun events, team battles and much much more. We believe that teaching a single style is good, but if you can teach the basics down to a key that any person will be able to build their own style off it. We are not here to teach our own styles to you, we are here to help you learn the VERY basics of footwork, range and saber cuts to help you evolve your own styles. Not to say you are banned from asking an instructor to show you his tricks, our primary goal is just to teach the basics. Asking an instructor for some one on one time is never looked down upon :). If you need to know anything else about us visit our server or forums listed below!

We don't bite... too hard

Server IP: 192.223.27.181:29070

UPDATE AS OF 11-28-2013

We are now offering Base and Full Force training! We offer a new variety of events as our server can instantly change between clanmod, JA+, base and instagib gamemodes.  

So you teach people on JA+ as well?

That is correct. It is not called Base or JA+ academy, we teach everything that we can ^_^. Our server runs JA+, we hold a firm belief that no matter what damages there are certain aspects of the game that never change. Range, footwork, aim, etc. Those are but a few of our core teachings at -Hv.

Really great idea you've got going :D

I also believe that "saber play" is something that needs to be learned because this game isn't all about hacking and slashing until you lop a limb off or they stop moving.  It requires skill and practice.  That's one of the reasons i like JKA because there are various saber styles that you can adopt and learn.  I can't remember the one that i preferred to use back when i used to play a lot.  I think i used to use double ended saber and switch to single ended when dueling somebody who was only using a single saber.  I never really believed in the whole overpowering odds thing and liked to keep duels as fair as possible.

I have tried to find servers such as the one you are talking about but these days it seems that people just prefer to use force choke or force push rather than actually duel you.  It's sort of sad really because you can't get better at dueling if the only people you duel use force powers over saber play, it's like trying to learn a language but everybody around you decides to talk your native tongue.

I had forgotten my dueling style but after 10 minutes with these guys it all came flooding back to me. 

Hugo, back in the day i did make a dueling tutorial for 1 saber dueling because i was pretty good.  However people seem to have gotten even better at dueling since then.  Which is awesome because this thing takes skill and a lot of it so i am proud to learn new skills!

I highly suggest these guys they're pretty good and, from what i have learned, know what they are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the recent DDOS attacks we are waiting on a reply from Fighter to see about JKHub hosting us a website for now, and I will be setting up my OWN vps here soon unless I can find a better option for server hosting.

There's always some gits that have to ruin it for everybody else isn't there?  I mean what is the point in attacking something that has nothing to do with them and has certainly done nothing TO them?  It's so sad and pathetic yet so many human beings suffer with this affliction. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

-We are now offering Base and Full Force training! We offer a new variety of events as our server can instantly change between clanmod, JA+, base and instagib gamemodes.  

-The Hv server IP has been updated in the OP!

-The Hv server is now primarily running clanmod with original Base Dmgs.  

Its nice but confusing. Mainly because I had someone visit my clans forums promoting this and it pretty much threw everyone in a pit of "Why is a clan recruiting here' then to its not a clan but a group or w/e.

Too me it was kind of rude to just pop in and do that but never the less, good people, great idea.

If you think that's confusing, you should have seen what problems we had with the "Aurochs" back a handful of years ago, i.e. the competitive branch of something called thejediacademy, which was something similar to what Hv is now - the "team" was exclusive insofar as we recruited from within tja, but tja was inclusive insofar as everyone could be part of it (like Hv, the principle was the same; teach people how to play regardless of clan affiliations, except that we didn't use JA+ for painfully obvious reasons), and since the team played competitively, it lead to all kinds of drama. But that's part of the game, I guess.