Stormtrooper Helmet, but how?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if one thing I had in mind is as easy to do as I thought. I want to have a Stormtrooper Helmet map object, just to put it anywhere, but the problem is: I have no idea of Model programs, just loaded Blender and Milkshape, but I'm not very used to it. Is it possible to "cut" the original model and just leaving the helmet? If it doesn't work, I could put a npc on the map with clip, too, but it would be very cool to make such map objects in my opinion.

Thank you and keep going!

Rage

Import the stormtrooper model in your modeling app and keep only the helmet, it's quite easy to do. I'm pretty sure milkshape and blender have proper .glm support. You'll find the .glm file in one of the "assets" pk3, just open it with winzip and look under players folder...if i recall correctly.

Hey,

I imported the .glm file into Blender and there was only the skeleton, I read a few things about it and I think my skills (that I don't have in modelling :D) aren't enough for this. I thought it would be as easy as you explained it, but it didn't work in the editor.

Hm, I think .md3 would be perfect.