Hey I was wondering if someone could help me replace the healthbars to display an npc's mapname as well as jedisense to show a red outline effect rather than make a whole npc red, aswell as a line for a whipcord to replace forcechoke  and a effect where the have the whip cord around them.

I plan to have a bind or script that allows you to use the viewfinder on fetts helm for my mod to scan for bounties, like in Star Wars Bounty Hunter for ps2.

Hope someone can help me out.

http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2002/10/30/jangobytegc9-461028.jpg

http://www.n-sider.com/media/bounty1.jpg

Heh, I was working on graphics for this - if I ever complete them and someone chooses to script them they may do so.

EDIT: So I'm almost done making all the graphics for it in Photoshop. What to do with them though... Just a matter of figuring out what parts we want to be a crosshair and what parts we want to be a HUD. At this point I may just make a version where you have the normal JA HUD and then this is just an overlay that's constantly on. This would be the version WITHOUT the bounty information. If someone wants to script this to have a sort of "white crosshair/red crosshair"  dealio like most other games, then I can make a version of the overlay with a generic JA character face and some random information.

Maybe the white/red crosshair thing could be done by @@therfiles?

Mandalorian likes this

Hmmmm...this is tricky. I don't think there is anyway to do it quite the ways you guys are hoping for. The main aspect that won't work is the whole force sense, live scan thing. The ability to press a button and any being under the scope at any time and have it scan is unfortunately impossible. What I'd suggest is setting up some scripts. The main feature that comes to mind is a function in Icarus (makes scripts) that allows us modders to set the mindtrick script. This script is executed on the npc as soon as he/she is mindtricked. We could set up a script for each npc that, when mindtrick, it opens a ui with an unpaused menu with all the info. This is the only way I think this could work...

Hmmmm...this is tricky. I don't think there is anyway to do it quite the ways you guys are hoping for. The main aspect that won't work is the whole force sense, live scan thing. The ability to press a button and any being under the scope at any time and have it scan is unfortunately impossible. What I'd suggest is setting up some scripts. The main feature that comes to mind is a function in Icarus (makes scripts) that allows us modders to set the mindtrick script. This script is executed on the npc as soon as he/she is mindtricked. We could set up a script for each npc that, when mindtrick, it opens a ui with an unpaused menu with all the info. This is the only way I think this could work...

I'm suggesting more of a standard FPS feature where the crosshair changes to a different image (usually just a red crosshair instead of a white one) when you move it over an enemy. Just allowing the change between two crosshairs would allow me to have the image I posted above as the crosshair that appears normally, and then I'd make another one with a bunch of generic info for the "red" crosshair.

therfiles likes this

Hmmm...that may work. But you'd have your hands tied on the info you put on there, and it would have to be really generic, like you said. I'm also not sure if we can change the size of the image that the game loads (very small) and try and fit it all in a very small space. I'd have to prod that, unless someone knows a little bit more about how crosshairs are rendered.

Well ideally this would be a HUD overlay of some kind. I know The One And Only did a Nexus HUD mod that had an overlay similar to this, but it had it's own file in the ui folder and it was way beyond my expertise.  If I can get that overlay to work that's step one. If you can script the crosshair thing we get two benefits. First, that on its own is a very cool mod that I think JA should have, and I could just make red versions of the stock crosshairs and maybe some modded ones and you'd have a rad little mod right there. The second is that if you can get that mod working, it probably wouldn't be much harder to get it to toggle between two images on the HUD overlay instead of a crosshair. Just an idea...

Also, I'm going to make a WIP thread on this so that this thread can be dedicated to getting that script function (or other script ideas) working, and the WIP will be just about the graphic element.

well I was thinking the .efx to be changed for force sense and have a bind configure to +zoom and sense (I have it bound to q for my mod atm) to represent the scanner.

the force sense effect as the scanner grid. The effect around the  npc's mark them according to team with a effect, what could be done with that as well as adding an effect to healthbars. I want to understand the conditions on which these things occur like what determines sense to differentiate team, I plan to have your bounties always be neutral characters, so only the would have a yellow glow, but id like to change that to maybe something that says bouny over there head if possible. hope I make sense.

well I was thinking the .efx to be changed for force sense and have a bind configure to +zoom and sense (I have it bound to q for my mod atm) to represent the scanner.

the force sense effect as the scanner grid. The effect around the  npc's mark them according to team with a effect, what could be done with that as well as adding an effect to healthbars. I want to understand the conditions on which these things occur like what determines sense to differentiate team, I plan to have your bounties always be neutral characters, so only the would have a yellow glow, but id like to change that to maybe something that says bouny over there head if possible. hope I make sense.

That - while seemingly difficult - might actually be possible. I'm leaving that up to people like therfiles and eezstreet who know more about coding/scripting. I just make graphics. :P

Mandalorian and therfiles like this

While that does sound cool, I don't think that's really possible without some really big code edits. First, you can't change the effect for the glowing of the npc while in force sense. It's a shader that the game colors in using code (I think) so it's a dead end there, and we can't really change anything regarding the health bars, so we can't do much there either. Sorry to be such a downer, but I don't think this idea will work without some really heavy code mods.The only plausable way I can see this working the way you'd want, is this:

The main feature that comes to mind is a function in Icarus (makes scripts) that allows us modders to set the mindtrick script. This script is executed on the npc as soon as he/she is mindtricked. We could set up a script for each npc that, when mindtrick, it opens a ui with an unpaused menu with all the info. This is the only way I think this could work...

Using a method like this would be much easier, I think.

Mandalorian likes this

I want to understand the conditions on which these things occur like what determines sense to differentiate team, I plan to have your bounties always be neutral characters, so only the would have a yellow glow

That's easy. The "playerTeam" key in the .npc file determines the NPC's color in force sense. Unfortunately, like @therfiles said, you can't change the color effect without going into the code (as far as I know). I think it's also the same for the color of the crosshair, because there's only one image for each crosshair, and no shader. Therefore @Botdra's idea of using different images for the different colored crosshairs wouldn't work. Unless of course we can find a coder.

therfiles likes this

Would it not be easier to do it the way I suggested? Just have it as a graphic overlay on the normal JA HUD, then when you look directly at an enemy it toggles to a different image?

Yea, it would, but there are some drawbacks. First, while having a generic image like that is great to toggle, in a mission setting, the info has to change for every NPC. Plus, I'm not quite sure there is anyway to make the crosshair use such a large image, let alone display it full screen and not move. The method I suggest would be the player has the overlay via hud, like you said, but then presses a button to 'scan'. He hits it, and all the relevant info pops up, even with animated parts, if you like, and even buttons that say "Accept" "Decline" etc.

TLDR - this method allows for interaction and for changeable infos

It's a good idea, but I really don't think there is anyway to make it work.

Horatio Culver likes this

Yea, it would, but there are some drawbacks. First, while having a generic image like that is great to toggle, in a mission setting, the info has to change for every NPC. Plus, I'm not quite sure there is anyway to make the crosshair use such a large image, let alone display it full screen and not move. The method I suggest would be the player has the overlay via hud, like you said, but then presses a button to 'scan'. He hits it, and all the relevant info pops up, even with animated parts, if you like, and even buttons that say "Accept" "Decline" etc.

TLDR - this method allows for interaction and for changeable infos

It's a good idea, but I really don't think there is anyway to make it work.

Let me clarify my proposal:

1) Use the graphic WITHOUT information as a HUD "underlay" on the base JA HUD (As I said before, The One and Only did this with his Nexus HUD, so it's clearly possible)

2) Somehow script the image to change to the graphic WITH all the generic information and a generic photo when you are looking at an enemy (Should be simple enough, like the force icon that appears on something you can use force push on)

3) Bundle this mod with a mod that removes the crosshair (or rather, replaces it with a blank image), where the "underlay" now takes the place of the crosshair, just as part of the HUD instead.

To me, this seems very easy. The hardest part would be part two, scripting that to work... but I don't imagine it would be too hard.

This is why I like jka. people try to figure things out in so many ways. I'm adamant I'll get this mod of the ground.so far I'm using binds but that won't be forever hopefully. Thanks for your guys time and I'll be watching this like a hawk Botdra :).

This is why I like jka. people try to figure things out in so many ways. I'm adamant I'll get this mod of the ground.so far I'm using binds but that won't be forever hopefully. Thanks for your guys time and I'll be watching this like a hawk Botdra :).

My pleasure. I'm hoping the above method will work. That way it's a working scanner, albeit with a generic bounty profile. It's a start! Plus I can always modify these graphics if we wanna try new things.

therfiles likes this