EffectsEd Questions

Um.. Hello, I hope this is right section for this topic, anyway I have some questions about EffectsEd program

So at the first place, can I somehow see the picture of shader on effect in program instead of just seeing squares without texture/shader?

How can I add my own textures instead of using the ones from JKA like... for example  this one: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-icPD4N4eshg/UFMYuqPChyI/AAAAAAAADTQ/VVzr8AL5l90/s1600/ring-of-fire1.jpg 

Are there any useful tips or things that should I know/learn how to use?

That's it, at least for now :P

First thing is to have a folder structure on your HDD that matches the assets1.pk3 IE, C:/base/, from there extract the assets required , effects, shaders and textures so that inside of C:/base/ you should have 3 new folders, effects, shaders and textures. Open effectsEd and set the default game path to jk2 default but change it to C:/base/ (it'll be w:/base/ at first) and that should be it. When you open the program it likes to have all sort of weird error messages but opening the fire effect and playing it seems to work normally.

It's been a long time since I've used the program so there may be more assets that I can't remember that it may need to open without all those error messages.

First thing is to have a folder structure on your HDD that matches the assets1.pk3 IE, C:/base/, from there extract the assets required , effects, shaders and textures so that inside of C:/base/ you should have 3 new folders, effects, shaders and textures. Open effectsEd and set the default game path to jk2 default but change it to C:/base/ (it'll be w:/base/ at first) and that should be it. When you open the program it likes to have all sort of weird error messages but opening the fire effect and playing it seems to work normally.

It's been a long time since I've used the program so there may be more assets that I can't remember that it may need to open without all those error messages.

What if I have the game installed in other directory, like this one: e:/lucasarts/kotf jedi academy expansion pack/gamedata/knightsoftheforce/base/ ; should I paste this directory then?