Fresh weapons

And by fresh weapons, I mean, "What if we decided we could use a few more neat replacement blasters for JKA?" Nah, I'm not making a direct request. What I am asking however is, if I designed something, or several weapons, could I get some assistance in their creation? I'd be more than happy to give detailed designs to any who'd like to assist. I just have to make them first. :P Currently, one I've got in my head is a re-worked flechette launcher. i always thought it was criminally bulky, and could really use a redesign.

Which I'd be happy to draw up. Anyone willing to assist? I'm unaware really, on how the weapon modding aspect of the game works.

I was working on something like this for myself. I combined models, sounds, and effects from various weapon packs and MovieBattles II in order to make the guns more accurate to the rest of the Star Wars universe (for example, adding a DH-17 blaster pistol and an A280 blaster rifle, and replacing the Imperial Heavy Repeater with an E-11 blaster rifle). I agree that some of the weapons need to be replaced, but personally I still want to keep them accurate to the Star Wars universe. What were your thoughts?

EDIT: If I have models, sounds, and effects, I can easily put them in the game so they replace the default ones. I could help you with that, but I can't model or make effects.

Ah. I see.

I was working on something like this for myself. I combined models, sounds, and effects from various weapon packs and MovieBattles II in order to make the guns more accurate to the rest of the Star Wars universe (for example, adding a DH-17 blaster pistol and an A280 blaster rifle, and replacing the Imperial Heavy Repeater with an E-11 blaster rifle). I agree that some of the weapons need to be replaced, but personally I still want to keep them accurate to the Star Wars universe. What were your thoughts?

EDIT: If I have models, sounds, and effects, I can easily put them in the game so they replace the default ones. I could help you with that, but I can't model or make effects.

Well, personally I was thinking of a couple more original designs that are a little more suited to represent the way they function a little more, for instance, working on an FC-2 Flechette launcher design at the moment. (Should look neat once done.)

You got that file available though? I'd love to see how it works.

I was going to get started on a nice E-11 today but for whatever reason Max decided to not load my reference images.

The base mesh of the FC-1, Bowcaster, DL-44 and possible the DetPack have already been done by Resuru

I believe he also already plans to do the Rocket Launcher and possibly some others

I absolutely dread the MovieBattles DH-17 (no offense to whoever created it), You guys may be able to use the DH-17 (with increased detail if we go that route, I want to add some little details I missed on the gun anyway) I created for JKG but I'm still not sure what @@BlasTech has to say about it since he did all the texture work for it and at least before we went open source we didn't allow any work for JKG to be used for anything else without prior arrangements.
Jd9Xa7a.png

Horatio Culver likes this