JKA v1.01 patch mac help

I use to own JKA for pc and I have all the mods and patches downloaded on it however, I no longer use that pc. I just recently downloaded JKA today from the Mac Game Store onto my iMac. Now I am trying to go about downloading the v1.01 patch for JKA however, the instructions on how to route it to the folders, etc. Is confusing and seems dated. Can somebody please explain to me how i can download the patch into the game for mac and also how and where to download future mods? 

Thanks

The Mac App Store version is already up to date. You don't need to patch it.

As far as mods go, to install them you need to go to the Jedi Academy app in your Applications folder, right click and go to "Show Package Contents", then go to Contents, then base.

All mods should be the same and work fine.

If you're wanting mods like JA+, Forcemod, MBII and all that crap, I have no idea.

I dunno if this will be of any help or not, but the JA+ site says:

Just download the JA+ whole package from http://www.japlus.net

You can also get only the JA+ Plugin part if you don't want to start a server on your machine and just connect to JA+ server on the internet.

and then the install of all files is pretty close to the install of PC users.

Follow the readme of PC Users...

In summary you just to unzip the ZIP file of the mod into your gamedata folder which should be something like

“Home”>Library>Application support>Jedi Academy MP

If that doesn't help, then I'm sorry, I don't have a mac, so I had no reason to learn how to do it. That quote could very well be invalid by now, as it is from a post made in 2005.
chaseme2200 likes this