The Acolyte - Disney+ series

MV5BMjE2ZGIzZDAtMDUwZC00ODYwLThiYTUtN2Y0

THE ACOLYTE has already been announced long ago, and it's also well into production. Apart from some cast members and the confirmation that the story will take place in the High Republic era (centuries before The Phantom Menace), very little has been revealed so far. The only recent "news" about the show were just the rumoir that Keanu Reeves was cast as Darth Revan. If true, it would be something awesome. Because not only would it mark Darth Revan's first ever appearance in any Star Wars live-action media, but he would also be played by an actor who has been a fan-favourite for a long time. It would also reunite him with his Matrix co-star Carrie-Anne Moss again, who has already been confirmed to be in the cast.

Smoo likes this

I saw he was cast but I believe the only rumor of him being Revan is simply because of the fan casting, not based on any insider info.

If he really is cast as Revan, I assume it would be a flashback since this story takes place only a few decades before The Phantom Menace. His role has been described as a cameo, so this would make the most sense, and would be a smart way of teasing a movie or series about him separate from this show.

Kessno and NumberWan like this
2 minutes ago, Circa said:

I saw he was cast but I believe the only rumor of him being Revan is simply because of the fan casting, not based on any insider info.

If he really is cast as Revan, I assume it would be a flashback since this story takes place only a few decades before The Phantom Menace. His role has been described as a cameo, so this would make the most sense, and would be a smart way of teasing a movie or series about him separate from this show.

I must also admit that I take the rumours with large grains of salt. After all, he's very selective about his choices. He would rather turn down a multi-million dollar role just to appear in a cameo role in an independent film. Nevertheless, it was great to see how excited everyone got.

Circa likes this
  • 4 months later...

Revan is pretty much established for me and I wouldn't like some new story about him – like being a different Sith/Jedi with completely replaced companions and motivations, with his life taking place in a different era. Revan is a well formed character through a variety of sources and publications, as well as through introduction thanks to Darth Malak, Kreia and other characters, which help his looks and philosophy evolve as you get to know him.

But seeing him as a flashback or a vision – is okey in case of the TV series, but I doubt this would happen.

GamerRedNeck and Smoo like this
  • 3 months later...

Amazing! What's great is that they are moving away from the Skywalker saga to explore a different history of the galaxy. Having a show set in the High Republic era allows much more freedom, as it effectively eliminates the need of adding legacy characters. Star Wars is more than just about Anakin, Vader, clones and Palpatine. Sure, a lot of fans have speculated that Yoda could appear, as he is over 700 years old at the time of the series. But I think that adding a popular character like him would only steal the thunder from the new characters that are introduced in the series. It's their time to shine now.

Personally, I don't know anything about the High Republic era. But I'm ready to dive into that era with this show.

Circa and DarthValeria like this
55 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

Amazing! What's great is that they are moving away from the Skywalker saga to explore a different history of the galaxy. Having a show set in the High Republic era allows much more freedom, as it effectively eliminates the need of adding legacy characters. Star Wars is more than just about Anakin, Vader, clones and Palpatine. Sure, a lot of fans have speculated that Yoda could appear, as he is over 700 years old at the time of the series. But I think that adding a popular character like him would only steal the thunder from the new characters that are introduced in the series. It's their time to shine now.

Personally, I don't know anything about the High Republic era. But I'm ready to dive into that era with this show.

The High Republic books have been incredible, if you're a reader I highly recommend diving in there too. But yeah Yoda is around, he was on the council in the books which take place about 100 years before this show (he wasn't grand master yet though), as well as Yaddle, Oppo Rancisis, and Yareal Poof, since their species live that long too. However in the books they are used very sparingly, Yoda has a few scenes here and there but overall is not considered a main character by any means. I think if they show up in this show it will be a council scene or something very small.

Lancelot likes this