Changing Jaden's voice

Go to solution Solved by MagSul,

Hey, new to the JKJA modding scene, and while getting my first playthrough of the game in years started I ran into an interesting dilemma I wanted to see if there was an answer to. I chose to download the Nautolan species mod that allowed me to have that as my character for the Single Player story. One disappointment I had however was that it only had male options, not a big deal as I can manage with that body type. What I haven't seen a way to change, however, was the ability to change the voice type used by Jaden. I much prefer the female voice actor for listening through the playthrough, but so far as I can tell it is locked based on the species you choose. Is there any way to change this via commands or a flag in the mod somewhere? It feels easy enough but I just don't know how this game runs well enough to change it so I'm seeing if anyone has any advice.

Thanks for your time and I can't wait to see what answers to this there may be.

• Solution

Hi! So, the good news is that this is an easy one, I just tested it. 😄

Open your .pk3, dig through models/players to your skin folder. Pop this file in there and then save the .pk3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jl2cpb57c0j67gb/sounds.cfg?dl=0

Basically, all skins should have a sounds.cfg file. This determines whether the character is male or female and what sound folder to pull the noises they make from. The file I've attached is the sounds.cfg for the female Jaden. I tested it just now with a male Jaden skin and all in-game dialogue was with the female voice actress. 🙂

6 hours ago, MagSul said:

Hi! So, the good news is that this is an easy one, I just tested it. 😄

That worked! Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, Circa said:

Hm, I'm surprised someone hasn't made a female version of the Nautolan yet. Sounds like a @Noodle project. 😛

I saw that they were working on one but not that it was posted anywhere. If it is then I'll definitely end up looking into it!

On 3/11/2023 at 5:18 PM, Professor Mor said:

That worked! Thank you so much!

I saw that they were working on one but not that it was posted anywhere. If it is then I'll definitely end up looking into it!

Correct! I didn't release it back then because it was made with a ported head. It certainly is something I'd like to have publicly released though.

GamerRedNeck likes this