MMORPG Mod for JK3

MMO like, i mean exp system with shops etc 

open world mod?

name maybe? 

well jedi knight galaxyes + rend2 + warzone ... i think is possible to reach something like that. maybe not a MMORPG but a RPG multiplayer yes. i hope for things like that also for SP. .-. 

Smoo likes this

But would it even make sense to make a JKA MMO? Considering how many active users there are on here, and about the same amount of unregistered lurkers, I think it'd be a pretty empty multiplayer game, unless everyone'll go into the PvP zone in an orderly fashion, which isn't something I think possible, since not everyone likes PvP, or can successfully play it (for whatever reason).

Besides, it'd be way too much work. You'd need to make:

1) an overall plot and side-quests (possible cutscenes and voiceover?);

2) some kind of script to change maps;

3) the actual maps (a workaround for this would be to take the already existing maps and merge them, but even that isn't a walk in the park, if I'm not mistaking; and as we know, this is illegal without the authors' permissions - and good luck getting those!)

4) grinding (because while killing bounty-hunters and stormtroopers is fun, you'd still need to add more enemy types, like animals, monsters, and robots (yes, some were already made, both by the JO/ JA devs, and by modders, but we're talking about numbers and variety, plus you'd need to make new mechanics (skeletons? animations?) for them), and make some kind of balancing - like in regular MMO's, so as to avoid one-hit-kills - although that could too be a fun thing, if done right);

5) scripts for player appearance changing (not the 'call character creation menu', but one that keeps the player's selected race, and only allows changing clothes and possibly hair), quests, dialogues, shops, XP, rewards, and loot (though the 'gun drop' and 'power crystal drop' scripts could be used as base in the latter case);

6) potentially green-lighting from LucasArts/ Disney, since they're known for shutting down big mods and similar projects.

All in all, it is possible, sure, but personally, I just don't see the point.

Someone on here's working on a Unreal-engine game that takes the JK mechanics, I think it'd be easier to start an MMO (or even a singleplayer sandbox) with that. But that's just my two-coins. -_-