Sidious and Supernova

Ancient Sith Lords could use sith magic and sith alchemy. They used it to create Sith Sword and wielded it.

Naga Sadow was the master of supernova which is powerful sith magic in the starwars universe.

This can destroy everything !  This power is equal to dragonball EX kamehameha !

The force power of Sith Lord varies each person. But maybe a few could use it.

I heard that Darth Sidious is most powerful sith in the prequel and original Trilogy. I felt his power across the screen. He could defeat and play with Maul and Savage.

He developed Vader's armor through sith alchemy. if he could use alchemy of the sith, maybe he learned to use naga sadow's supernova magic.

My question is this !

Can Darth Sidious use Supernova?

Maybe in the old canon. Current Palpatine is the most powerful Sith to have ever lived, but we don't know the extent of their power in the past.

Afaik In the old canon palpatine was left to wonder how the ancient sith could perform such impressive displays of their power in the force.

And what it was that kept him from acquiring that power.

Due to Bane killing all the Sith apart from himself; many of whom probably knew some of the secrets. 

I think Disney will do something with Palpatine though. We lack a decent movie that focuses on an 'evil' side person and I'm sure Disney will rectify that.

I hated the last part of ROTJ.. his death (if he is dead) deserved to be a lot more epic. We never really got to see his true power just how he used his power to influence the galaxy.

Also Bane and Plagueis both knew how to cheat death although both supposedly never truly succeeded. As far as I am aware that is canon so  if anyone could come back I think it could well be him.  

First I hear of Supernova as of a Sith Magic/ Alchemy. How's it different from Darth Nihilus' Force Drain that allowed him to feed on planets? Or Emperor Vitiate's ritual that allowed him to destroy entire planets, like he did Nathema?

As to Sidious being able to defeat and toy with Maul and Savage, it wasn't such a big deal, after all, Maul never finished his Sith training, and in TCW we saw his arse getting handed to him many times (in the Son of Dathomir comics and in Rebels as well). Savage wasn't even that much of Sith Apprentice to begin with, let alone learning from Maul, who, as I already mentioned, never finished his training, and was therefore was hardly qualified to teach. What was impressive was that he, at his age, could stand his own against two young(er) Zabrak warriors - the Zabrak being more agile and hardy than Humans. But as a Sith vs Sith, it just wasn't a competition.

Theoretically, I think Sidious would be able to learn such abilities as 'Supernova' as you describe it, but I don't think he'd bother using it. He may be a megalomaniac, but it's just too much dirty work, and I doubt he'd be willing to actually get his hands dirty. Unless, of course, we consider the whole new Thrawn continuity, where Sidious is said to have discovered some threat in the unknown regions or whatnot. In this case, he might have used it, but alas, such secrets were lost, as was already mentioned by the guys. Though it's strange that Sidious didn't manage to get his hands on ghosts or holocrons that could teach him something like that. Guess this died with the old canon, because it's overkill.