LV-426 Recreation

As a huge Alien/Aliens fan (Alien3 and Ressurection were TERRIBLE), I've always loved the ships and bases presented in the movies. I've also always imagined what it would look like in a 3d game world not directly connected to Aliens, Predator, or AvP.

Early this year I began recreating LV-426's main colony "Hadley's Hope" in the sith engine for the DF2:JK-MotS expansion.
After running into engine limitations, I've begun to rework it into the Quake engine, and have thus far recieved much better results.
Only have one main corridor junction completed, but just to give an overall sense of my creation.

LV426_zps34621f9e.png

DT. and Jolly like this

Check out some of my previous works:
JK Hub - [Editor: Zero Raven]

@@DT85 I did say "3d game world not directly connected to Aliens, Predator, or AvP." Lets face it, everyone would expect there to be an LV-426 level in AvP or A:CM.

@@eezstreet For the SITH project I was using the AvP2 Texture pack created for DooM.
I've been trying to get better Hi-Res textures, short of ripping them from the game (a major copyright No-No)

Here is a shot of the same hallway as viewed in the JK-MotS editor ZED.
Just for comparison. If you've ever edited DF2 you know what hassles I faced lol.
I was going for a more red, emergency lighting motif then.

LV426A_zpse52adc2c.png

Progress has been slow. Started working on the Lab area where Ripley and Newt are attacked by face huggers. After that will connect it to Operations along with the small interconnecting hallway where Burke gets eaten after locking the others in Ops.
Medical will be across the hall as suggested by several movie shots.
Since a vast portion of the colony was unseen I do have the pleasure of some artistic license on a vast majority of the map, however I'm ging to try to make the majority as accurate as possible.

More SC's as work is progressed.

DT. likes this

• 3 weeks later...