Settings Keep resetting after quitting Jedi Academy

Every time I launch Jedi Academy I find the settings had reset themselves even after I save them. I get really frustrated because every time I launch Jedi Academy it does this. Help is appreciated. Also it does this with any mod I have and I try to launch it.

I wouldn't know how to do that, and how would I get the autoexec.cfg to work?

Go into your base folder, there should bea file in it called autoexec.cfg. If not, then create a new text document, and type the following into it:

exec "RevianBinds"

Then save the file into your base folder as 'autoexec.cfg'. Now, create a new text document, and put your binds and settings into it, then save it as 'RevianBinds.cfg'. Examples of how you should layout the settings is below:

r_gamma "1"
cg_fov "89"
bind x "screenshot"

You of course use your own binds and settings for it, that was just an example.

I am using JA++ for my main mod and Jedi Knight Academy Outcast mod to compensate for missing textures, could this be the problem?

This kept happening to me as well, it's because under the shortcut properties it had -safemode on the end.. I deleted that and it fixed the problem.

This kept happening to me as well, it's because under the shortcut properties it had -safemode on the end.. I deleted that and it fixed the problem.

I did exactly what you did. There was no -safemod and it keeps happening. So I created 2 seperate installations of JKA. One of Clan mod, and my main on as JA++.

Have you tried this yet?:

Go into your base folder, there should bea file in it called autoexec.cfg. If not, then create a new text document, and type the following into it:

exec "RevianBinds"

Then save the file into your base folder as 'autoexec.cfg'. Now, create a new text document, and put your binds and settings into it, then save it as 'RevianBinds.cfg'. Examples of how you should layout the settings is below:

r_gamma "1"
cg_fov "89"
bind x "screenshot"

You of course use your own binds and settings for it, that was just an example.

This solved nothing. Thanks anyways.

Well, what from that thread did you try? There were multiple solutions posted in the thread. How are you launching the game? Are you using a .bat file?

I did exactly what you did. There was no -safemod and it keeps happening. So I created 2 seperate installations of JKA. One of Clan mod, and my main on as JA++.

Are you running OpenJK by chance?

EDIT: This is in the wrong section, it really belongs under Jedi Knight Tech Support.

here's what is in it:

REM this is file is used to start your game directly with the JA+ mod loaded
REM  IF you are using the plugin, it will solve for example the problem of the new death messages that are not well loaded

REM                         INSTALL
REM        Just put this file in your gamedata folder and execute it
REM        It will start your game directly with JA+ mod

call .\jamp.exe  +set fs_game japlus