How do I overwrite models/map_objects textures?

For my mod I am trying to give the in-game level map objects ships like the shuttles and tie-fighters a different appearance. As well as the korriban statues. I've recolored and redone several of them. Everytime I put the pk3 in my base and boot up the game, load up the map, the models are still the same old base boring JA ones.

I reskinned all three tie fighter models from the base game, the lambdashuttle, the brown transport, the x-wing, and the at-st. Why don't they change???

Are you sure you're using the right file/folder path for all of the textures or named your texture correctly? Some textures may or may not be used multiple times throughout the game and the most commonly used or specific instance of that texture you're looking for may be buried more obscurely in the assets than you think.

Since I assume you're asking in regards to editing the Yavin IV mod, that adds several more files to search through. I don't know if the original creator relied on strictly base assets or copied and renamed some assets.

Smoo likes this

I overwrote the models/map_objects/imp_mine/shuttle_body to replace the lambdashuttle map object that appears in game, along with the rest of its texture, not the playermodel:

models/map_objects/imp_mine/shuttle_nose

models/map_objects/imp_mine/shuttle_wing01

models/map_objects/imp_mine/shuttle_wing02

and in game it still appears as the same old white boring shuttle. The reskin I made is uber awesome and I want it to appear in game.

I did the same thing with the academy shuttle, the tie fighter, the tie bomber, and vader's tie advanced. All of them are still appearing as their base skins in the game.

I put the pk3 in the base and it is alphabetically after the assets but for some reasons it still won't overwrite for the objects to appear differently in game.

I've also reskinned many of the korriban statues too but they won't budge. None of the map objects will change. There has got to be a way to make them change appearance in game with an overwritten skin.

I've done that but it doesn't work either. Is there anyone on here who would be able to help me recompiling the maps? There are only a few changes that I want to make so it wouldn't be much different, just adding a few npcs here and there and changing some of the textures.

Do the textures you are trieing to replace come with a shader?

If not you could try setting up a shader for the original texture path, but then use differently named textures for the singular stages.

That is weird -  You cant change the texture by changing the paths AFTER baking the map BUT You can change the shader and it will work.. the same goes making this textures glow or be transparent... what the hell??

...as long i remember You can do that. Changing baked texture into the shader is somehow ... editable?