MELEE: Hands

Looking pretty good so far, love the cloth but it needs that wierd "pipey" look that's on the JK2/JKA model & here:

600full-star-wars-jedi-knight+-dark-forc

I can shift over the entire model left and right for when each arms punches, but we will still need 2 full arms. By the looks of it now, I'd add a bit more quality to the forearm and hand mesh. Reminds me a bit of Doom 3 atm. :P

Looking pretty good so far, love the cloth but it needs that wierd "pipey" look that's on the JK2/JKA model & here:

600full-star-wars-jedi-knight+-dark-forc

I can shift over the entire model left and right for when each arms punches, but we will still need 2 full arms. By the looks of it now, I'd add a bit more quality to the forearm and hand mesh. Reminds me a bit of Doom 3 atm. :P

By pipey you mean a rounded and tigther pattern instead of flat stripes? I probably wasted too much geo on the cloth folds that's why it looks retro, already busting the budget by 400 tris. His outfit in the cinematics is not the same as the game, it's pretty shitty lol, the shoulder armor is like a stuffed animal! :D So which one should i go for? JA or cinematics?

I know it's WIP but I just have to point out that the hands have a bit of a glossy look, maybe dial back the spec? Probably isn't final though but just a thought.

I need to go back and tweak of course.

Cinematics are a good starting point but we all know that the budget was very low and the costume design poor. DT would have to make final decision but maybe a mix of both? You did an amazing job on reimagining Gorc, perhaps you could take ideas from both and make something new but still hold true to the idea behind the design.

While we're here though since the mesh is going to be seen in more detail did you redo all of the first person animations? Wondering if all the digits and joints are there to make it look as good as possible especially when using force powers.

While we're here though since the mesh is going to be seen in more detail did you redo all of the first person animations? Wondering if all the digits and joints are there to make it look as good as possible especially when using force powers.

Are you asking me? you know i ain't no animator, that's your job! :P Sure, 3 edges joints, how many do you need? 5? Starting to think that mesh needs to be redone from scratch...

Viewmodels will have all 5 fingers and all 3 finger segment bones, as will the player models at some points.

When you're finished, send over the model and I'll add it to the Bryar. You do realise now, you'll have to make the entire player model right to make sure it all matches? :P :P :P

minilogoguy18 likes this