My modifications work, but game keeps crashing, NPC related

I would start the level then freeze the npc's put notarget on, noclip around the map and spawn them then go back to the start and save it to a hot key that when you load the level you just press a key and it reloads with all the new stuff.

It works for like half the levels, the other half automatically freeze and crash everytime I load it with NPC's. For example, yavin1b and yavin2 load just fine, but t1_sour will crash on the reload if there is just one extra npc in there.

However, if I go throughout a level and spawn them then go back to the start and unfreeze all, I can usually play through each level without any issues or crashing, its just the loading / re-loading part that crashes everything.

I would much prefer being able to access the SP maps and just put spawn points for the type of NPC's I'm adding: i.e. civilians, more creatures, vehicles, enemies, friendlies, droids, etc

But I have no idea how to do that and I've tried editing / decompiling and its just a horrid mess of code that I don't know what to do with.

It makes the SP campaign much more fun on a playthrough, I will say, very fun, and more difficult too. No more easy JA that's for sure.