Ghoul2 error when hitting / attacking NPC's of certain models, how to fix this?

I spawned NPC's of the bothan model here

http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi%20Academy/Models/Star%20Wars/19363/

the IG88 model here

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2940-ig-88/

and the tactical droid model in the clone wars pack, found in moviebattlesII and FTRv1.1

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-for-the-republic1

anytime any blaster bolt or lightsaber of force power touched the NPC's the game crashed and brought me to the main menu with the ghoul2 error, something to do with its model

I am really trying to at least get a working IG-88 NPC in my mod, one that doesn't crash when you fight it, does anyone know how I can fix this?

Guest Redemption

@@Ramikad Hello, I'm having the same problem at the moment. When I get hit by lightning the game just crashes, have to task manager out of it. I'm hoping its to do with the lightning and not something else ; |

Anywho, is there somewhere in OpenJK's code where I can increase some value to resolve this from happening again?

@@ensiform

Guest Redemption

Hi, sorry there is none that I am aware of. I think it maybe due to memory problems, because when I did a code analysis, there were a lot of dereferenced thingwees... I've implemented Saber lightning block and when the lightning hits the saber I use the rain fizz code which might be too much for the machine. Only started to get trouble when last night I changed some of the rendering defaults values and then things fell apart. Even after using a back up. If I enable r_ext compress_lightmaps the game goes mental... Is there no way of increasing a value? Or is it just too much for the old game? 

Edit: When looking at "Dereferencing null pointer", if I use the suppress action, will that wreck the game/bit of code? Or will it fix it somehow?

@@DT85

@@ensiform

Edited by Redemption
Guest Redemption

I did use it through debug to figure out what was happening, but it crashed at loading - had task manager out of it again and I don't know where to look for the crash log.

It seems to OK for the moment anyway. So is there a value I can increase to allow extra memory? Or is it because I've made some kind of mistake?

Guest Redemption

Hello, thank you both for you're time. I seem to have caused the problem after changing a default cvar in tr_init. Something like this "r_dynamicglow 1". So, either somehow I've accidentally typed something in which is causing the crash or, its to do with tr_init. Using a backup seems to have negated the problem. Is there a value I can increase to allow more info in game? I.e, more fx.