NPC Extra attack

I'd like to know what is required to learn to do the following:

I want to give a rancor or a howler an extra attack. I want it to be able to do a bite attack. And a howler I want to give a claw attack.

I also would like to learn to make my own npc's for MP use. If I would make a new npc and give it custom attacks, do I need to code that or can other people install the npc files and without having issues when playing a certain map that uses that npc?

Well, first of, as far as I remember, rancors do have a bite attack, but they kinda charge at you (or was it when you hurt them bad enough? can't remember for certain). Second, in order to do this, you'll need two things, I think - coding and animation. These can be difficult to do (and tedious, I'd imagine), but if you know what you're doing, you should be fine. Likewise, if you, or anyone downloading your mod, have no other mods that effect these particular npcs' (rancor, howler, whathaveyou) scripts and/ or animations, there shouldn't be any conflicts. Since there aren't many mods that deal with these particular npcs, I think you should be pretty safe. Installing them should also be easy, I think, since animations and scripts use the same .pk3 archive as most mods.

About MP npcs - are you talking about bots, or actual npcs? Bots are computer-controlled and the game treats them like players. Npcs are also computer controlled, but depending on how you program them, they can do a variety of things such as talk to you (opens a conversation menu once you 'activate' them - this I've seen on some RP mods for MP), walk around the map, loop an animation (I.E. working at a computer), etc. (by comparison bots will only run around, fight, and collect weapons), and the game treats them as environmental objects, so if an npc somehow kills you in MP, your death will count as environment-induced (fell into a pit, burned by lava, etc., but with some appropriate commentary). Making bots is easy (that is, it should be easy, but lately I've been having some trouble - glitches - but I'll try doing it manually); making npcs for MP you'll need coding. Npcs in SP are easy to make.

At least, that's all I can tell you from the top of my head.

Well, I am referring to my skeleton ported from skyrim. I'd like to give it custom animations and a special attack. And it should be an NPC. One you can spawn with cheats. Our clan uses SP maps as mission maps (for ranks). And I got an idea for one and that's why I'd like to learn more about it.