Confessions of an Unskilled Modder

I hate beating around the bush so here it is straight up, it's taking me a long time to figure out GTKradiant and decompiling the SP maps... is there anyone here who has or knows how to edit the SP maps for the purpose of placing more NPC's and changing the skyboxes? If so, would you be willing to help me out in this project I am attempting? Or at least show me how to do it myself? The part that I cannot do is access the maps in radiant to change the npc placement or access the coding for the skyboxes. That is all. I will explain more, I have all the files and have already made all the npcs and have got my skyboxes lined up and ready to go into their respective SP maps but I just cannot figure out how to change them. The goal is to make the single player much more fun to play.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate beating around the bush so here it is straight up, it's taking me a long time to figure out GTKradiant and decompiling the SP maps... is there anyone here who has or knows how to edit the SP maps for the purpose of placing more NPC's and changing the skyboxes? If so, would you be willing to help me out in this project I am attempting? Or at least show me how to do it myself? The part that I cannot do is access the maps in radiant to change the npc placement or access the coding for the skyboxes. That is all. I will explain more, I have all the files and have already made all the npcs and have got my skyboxes lined up and ready to go into their respective SP maps but I just cannot figure out how to change them. The goal is to make the single player much more fun to play.

for entities, many people use entity modding. you cannot add trigger and func usable because they need also to add brushes to work (so map edit into radiant) but for add more NPC is sufficient (after, they canj be spawned by icarus scripting )

Skybox can be edited into two way:

1: replacing the skybox textures by textures/skies folder with new texture.

2: editing the SHADER files skies.SHADER into shader folder of assets.

3: for a realistic light casting changing shader and texture is not sufficient you NEED to manually Rebuild the map on radiant, but that is really hard because a decompiled map lost all light entities and texture uv mapping coordinates of brushes and you need to recreate all that... also some brushes are leaked and into games appears with invisibile walls (this can be fixed converting the incrimnated brushes into structural )