"Search and Destroy" Gametype and "SD_Tatooine"

12,000 entities later, I am done, other than announcement sounds which will be easy to add.

Features:

• Spawn room for each team in which you can choose any two guns and a set of explosives
  • Two minute timer system with remaining time messages for attackers to arm a bomb and attackers to defend them.
  • Two bomb sites too choose from. The bombs are armed by holding use near for 10 seconds them without adjusting your aim.
  • Beacon at armed bomb sites.
  • 45 Second timer system for attackers to defend their bomb.
  • Defenders can defuse the bomb just like arming it, only faster.
  • Big-ass explosion if the bomb isn't defused. =D
  • Objectives system that detects a winning team and ends the match
  • Dead players get locked in part of their spawn room until next round.
  • Team death detection, to check if one team is wiped out and end rounds when appropriate.
  • Team location display in the team overlay, tells you what part of the map your team members are at, and if they are dead.
  • Dynamic music which changes between set-up and during a round, and plays different fanfares depending on how the round ends
  • Map reset system. All players are killed shortly after a round ends and there is a 30 second interval while the map resets, after which players are dropped back into the gear selection area.
  • Announcements (SOON...)

Some screen shots. I will probably use one of these as the loading screen. Thoughts on which one?:

LuJy6.jpg

UMPBS.jpg

HmECC.jpg

TcV31.jpg

SZc71.jpg

7UPs0.jpg

WhOnK.jpg

CaSEV.jpg

Turquoise Dragon likes this
12,000 entities. I would love to have this .map file just for scientific purposes.

That was an exaggeration xD its actually 453 (and I haven't added all the speakers for the announcer, so that will be another 20 or so)

Once I have thoroughly tested the map, I will release a Search and Destroy source file which will be a .map with all the entities in it (and instructions on which ones you need to do anything with), so that people can build their own SD map. I will prolly release this map's source too as an example.

Turquoise Dragon likes this

I've just released the FFA/TFFA/Duel/Powerduel teaser version to the hub. It should appear in latest files shortly. The search and destroy version will follow in a few days, once I have done some beta testing of it. If you are interested in helping beta test (there wont be much playing of the map, it will largely just be checking that the correct thing happens at the correct times) let me know here with a reply or a PM and I will contact you at some point in the next few days.