Question about the bryar pistol in JA

So I apologize in advance if this has already been asked somewhere (and I'm sure it has) or this is just dumb. But I was wondering why the bryar pistol doesn't work in JA for the player. You can give it to an npc, you can spawn one and pick it up, but it won't show in your inventory. Any way to fix this without replacing the dl-44 pistol? Basically I want to be able to use both pistols and want them to have different properties and effects. Are there any mods that have this fixed?

So I apologize in advance if this has already been asked somewhere (and I'm sure it has) or this is just dumb. But I was wondering why the bryar pistol doesn't work in JA for the player. You can give it to an npc, you can spawn one and pick it up, but it won't show in your inventory. Any way to fix this without replacing the dl-44 pistol? Basically I want to be able to use both pistols and want them to have different properties and effects. Are there any mods that have this fixed?

JA Enhanced.

I don't know for sure if JA enhanced will work, but I know that I used to have an older build of openjk installed with kotf. It worked fine for me. I would imagine it would work similarly since JA enhanced is based off openjk but the only way to know for sure is to try it.