vehicle .gla file

I am trying to make the academy runner (shuttle) usable as a vehicle (for personal use). I've already exported .md3 to .glm, made skin file, .veh definition is also already made. The model loads fine in ModView, but in game when I'm trying to spawn it game exits to main menu saying "NPC had a wrong GLA file". Could somebody please make this file for me? I don't know why but all vehicles have this file; mine doesn't need any fancy animation: just go up and fly forward.

Link to the file: http://przeklej.org/file/IFahjm/autobus.pk3

PS. Click on the Bez_tytu_u.jpg to download.

PSS. The PK3 already has a .gla file but it's a invalid one. I merely hex edited the existing one from another vehicle. That failed.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, you need to give that vehicle the instructions to use its own .gla.

Go into the models/players/x-wing folder (or some other vehicle) and copy the .gla file, the animation.cfg and the animevents.cfg and move that to the Academy shuttle's model directory. I think that's all I had to do with my BARC speeder bike (except I used the swoop one).

The problem is that you're trying to make the model work as if it were a map object, you're using the wrong workflow.

You need to import the model, set up a proper hierarchy, tags and weigh the model to a bone and export dotXSI->Assimilate->GLM/GLA

It's sad cause I had the academy shuttle already set up as a vehicle that I did for someone for personal use years ago but I recently deleted the file. I could look later though cause it MIGHT still be on a old HDD from my old PC.

zOrg likes this

I forgot to mention that I did conversion in MD3 view. I don't have Blender. Just wanna do some simple conversion is all.

Right... I guess this is the part where the help might come in. From somebody who has Blender at the moment.

I forgot to mention that I did conversion in MD3 view. I don't have Blender. Just wanna do some simple conversion is all.

Right... I guess this is the part where the help might come in. From somebody who has Blender at the moment.

Ah, right. Unfortunately there isn't a simple straight-forward 'conversion' that produces a fully-rigged .glm. As @@minilogoguy18 says, .glm need to have their hierarchies set up. This is easy enough (if a little tedious) to do in Blender - and if you're using base game vehicle animations then you could even copy most of the work from a vanilla model like the X-Wing or Raven's Claw. There are tutorials on the Hub that can help with hierarchies, tags, etc.

zOrg likes this