Removing saber via NPC

Is there a way to force a model to use only one saber via NPC?

Scenario: I have different versions (outfits) of the same model and I change them according to the mission (I don't believe anyone would wear the exact same clothes all the time). Some versions use 2 sabers while another use only one. 

Problem: If I use a single saber then a dual saber there is no issue, my problem is when reverting back from dual saber to single saber, it still uses dual sabers (the 2nd saber is not removed).

I've search through the forums and the NPC tutorials in the tutorial section but haven't been able to find anything yet.

Normally I would use only a single saber until it is destroyed, then change to dual sabers....but...there is always a but...sometimes I am distracted and make a mistake typing the npc name and get the wrong one. I know I could revert to the previous save but that's just a workaround, I would like to find out how to do it via npc.

Thanks in advance.

Arrrggg....had to many tabs opened, posted this in the wrong section. Should have posted this in the modding assistance. How can I Delete this one (or  moved it to the correct forum)?