Calling all Saber Modellers!

Hey guys

So I've made sabers for myself in the past, but I've been getting back into JKA modding lately (whenever you leave it, you always find yourself coming back) and need help with getting this saber to work. I was wondering if I could get some personal assistance from someone that I can either work with through PM's, Skype,  Steam, or through my Teamspeak server. The first issue I was having was md3view saying I had too many verts or faces (can't remember the error exactly). No matter how many different parts I split the saber into, I kept running into this same issue. I made the saber from scratch on my own and have run a vert / face check on it and I believe it's only around 1k, maybe less now that I've cleaned it up. 

I hate having to keep redo the UVW mapping just to get this damn thing to work. On top of that, I have issues importing the .skin file into md3view. So I'm kind of a mess that's all over the place. I'm not sure if it's a Win 10 issue or if I'm doing something wrong. I was hoping someone could look at my saber (giggity) and tell me if there's a problem with it, or if the problem is on my end. If it's on my end, I was hoping someone could do the md3view steps for me so I can get on with my life. 

I don't like starting projects and not finishing them.

If anyone's interested in helping me, I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thanks,

Buz/HERK

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Well one thing you might be forgetting is that even if the model is under 1k in whatever 3d modeler you're using when it gets exported as a MD3 or GLM the edges along UV boundaries get disconnected into their own polygon island which can greatly increase the vertex count and cause the error. The best limit to follow is <500 vertex's because if you keep it under 500 you'll retain dynamic shadow support.