Jedi Outcast : Redemption

Guest Redemption

@

I encountered a bug that couldn't display the fonts properly. It's just like @@LucyTheAlien says.

Imagine the fonts being cut into pieces and scrambled over the lines where you would usually see text.

The bug occurs only when I start the game with "jk2sp.exe" (without OpenJK, which is needed for the mod). However, when I load the mod with the "Launch_JKIIEnhanced.bat" and "openjo_sp.x86.exe", it works fine.

Funny because when I launched the game with jk2sp.exe it looks fine and just plays the vanilla game. 

openjo_sp.x86.exe works but it crashes as soon as I try to actually start a game.

Launch_JKIIEnhanced.bat works but when I launch the game all the assets apart from a few here and there are invisible. 

@@LucyTheAlien - Mod uses OpenJk, so won't work with jk2sp.exe.

When using openjosp.exe put the commands I've said at the end in target(creating shortcut method).

I've amended the installation instructions, have you checked them and tried what I said aa couple of posts up?

Yes I have.

In fact I'd like direct links to everything we have to download before we can use this as it seems to simply be not working for me. 

1. openjo_sp.x86.exe works but it crashes as soon as I try to actually start a game.
2. Launch_JKIIEnhanced.bat works but when I launch the game all the assets apart from a few here and there are invisible. 
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @@eezstreet Using openjk now since its in a good working state but more importantly, fixes a couple of issues like the shadow trooper cloaked lightsaber bug and dismemberment... also loads my old saved games.

So I'm trying to implement you're work of bringing over Sfxsabers and trueview.

You weren't working on updating you're enhanced jk2 mod, so I thought I'd have a go pal. How's you're swat mod getting on?

My code is based on OpenJK.

https://github.com/eezstreet/OpenJK/tree/jk2hd

@@eezstreet I know that, but its outdated. So I used a recent version which has added more fixes since then. I did this because I thought it would be quicker to update by adding sfxsabers/trueview, rather than patch you're code; I didn't know where to begin.

No. In fact, it's much easier to start with my code, and then pull from upstream OpenJK than trying to code stuff in manually. I could potentially update my jk2hd code if you'd like, but I imagine you've made some custom changes, no?

EDIT: To clarify why this is simpler, it's because the process of updating the code can be done in a few steps via Git:

git clone https://github.com/eezstreet/OpenJK
cd OpenJK 
git remote add OpenJK https://github.com/JACoders/OPENJK
git checkout jk2hd
git pull OpenJK master
git mergetool 
git commit
... make your changes ...
... make commits ...
git remote add MyRepo <url>
git push MyRepo master

• 2 weeks later...