Finn and Rey's Predecessors

Is it just me, or do those two guys dancing in their spacesuits look more like Finn and Rey from The Force Awakens? This was a vinyl record cover of a Star Wars disco by Meco. I can't believe Finn and Rey used to look like this long before they were in Episode VII! This is awesome and totally groovy! What do you guys think? :D

c45-meco_03.jpg

Mert-K and bigphil2695 like this

Is it just me, or do those two guys dancing in their spacesuits look more like Finn and Rey from The Force Awakens? This was a vinyl record cover of a Star Wars disco by Meco. I can't believe Finn and Rey used to look like this long before they were in Episode VII! This is awesome and totally groovy! What do you guys think? :D

c45-meco_03.jpg

Why not make the concept versions of them for the movie? Rey was originally Kira and Finn was originally someone akin to a Han Solo type character, if I remember correctly.

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

The artwork looks great indeed. But to be honest, I don't see any resemblance with Finn and Rey at all. I mean, it's just a picture with random characters in spacesuits in front of a colorful background, and they're dancing to the disco version of the Star Wars theme.

The record is from 1977, and concepts for The Force Awakens didn't even exist until about 30 years later. As far as I know, "Kira" and "Sam" were codenames for the auditions and for the public, to keep the real names a secret.

You know what the artwork, especially the blue guy in it, reminds me of?

U7ZzqCn.jpg

KyleKatarn1995 likes this