Any modeling software you guys would recommend?

This is mostly for weapon GLM files. I've been using Milkshape for sometime just to import lightsaber GLMs, switch some textures around for personal use, then export it back to the folders. But recently, my Milkshape hasn't been porting things correctly along sometimes just crashing altogether while exporting the GLM files. So do you guys have anything that you would recommend to me?

Generally I think Blender is a good modelling software, albeit with a somewhat steep learning curve since it's not very intuitive... But the GLM support is pretty mediocre, since the exporter requires you to manually adjust your mesh to conform to GLM limitations instead of doing that automatically.

Generally I think Blender is a good modelling software, albeit with a somewhat steep learning curve since it's not very intuitive... But the GLM support is pretty mediocre, since the exporter requires you to manually adjust your mesh to conform to GLM limitations instead of doing that automatically.

Well, right now I just want something better than Milkshape to modify sabers for personal use. And I'm willing to compensate if it means getting something better. How exactly do you have to adjust the mesh when you export it?

Mostly make sure all faces are triangulated, split the mesh at UV seams, and remove any disconnected vertices. For sabers you probably don't need to worry about multiple textures or animations, possibly not even LODs.

Ah, good. So I should be alright. :D Where do I get it along with the GLM support for Blender?

I'm sure you'll figure it out.

(Not trying to be rude, just setting a precedent. I'm not going to explain every step, the information is out there.)

It's cool, dude. I know it's a quick google search, but since you and others are better experts than I am, I had to ask. :)

• 4 weeks later...