Disabling the lightsaber in JK2?

add the line: "notInMP 1" to the .sab file. :)

Example:

Luke

{

name "Skywalker"

saberType SABER_SINGLE

saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_luke/saber_w.glm"

soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"

soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum5.wav"

soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"

saberLength 40

saberColor green

notInMP 1

}

EDIT: WAIT. Mis-understood the context there, sorry! :P

@@Caelum Am thinkin' we need a JO Tech Support section. ^_^

To my knowledge, the only way it was ever done (At least in JA) was to have a literal Merc match.

I can't remember how exactly, but there is a way in JA to make it where its guns-only. I think its in the JA+ mod though. :/

As far as JO is concerned, I've never known it to be possible...but I could be very wrong.

It might theoretically be possible by overwriting basejka (or basejko) .sab files with new ones that have a line saying

notinmp 1

But I have no idea whether that'll work, and whether it'll break horribly.

Does JK2 have .sab files though? (If so, where?)

The closest I found is Assets0.pk3 > Ext_Data > Weapons.dat

// WP_SABER

{

weapontype WP_SABER

weaponclass weapon_saber

weaponmodel models/weapons2/saber/saber_w.md3

weaponIcon gfx/hud/w_icon_lightsaber

firingsound sound/weapons/saber/saberhum1.wav

ammotype 1

ammolowcount 5

energypershot 1

firetime 100

range 8192

altenergypershot 3

altfiretime 100

altrange 8192

missilemodel models/weapons2/saber/saber_w.md3

}

JK2 does not have .sab files, they are new to JA.

Likewise, weapons.dat does not work in MP, it's SP only. Editing it like that anyway would cause the game to do all kinds of funky things (probably crash when you get into an ATST i'd imagine)

The reason that g_weapondisable does not work like it does in JA, is because WP_MELEE does not exist in JK2. What you need to be doing is:

g_weaponDisable 4

On top of disabling all of the force powers.

Caelum likes this

JK2 does not have .sab files, they are new to JA.

Likewise, weapons.dat does not work in MP, it's SP only. Editing it like that anyway would cause the game to do all kinds of funky things (probably crash when you get into an ATST i'd imagine)

The reason that g_weapondisable does not work like it does in JA, is because WP_MELEE does not exist in JK2. What you need to be doing is:

g_weaponDisable 4

On top of disabling all of the force powers.

Yeah, it seems like the right thing to do, but it's what I've been doing all the time. g_weapondisable 4 + map_restart (or even a whole map reset) simply "prefers" the blaster, in a way. You spawn with the blaster in the hand, but the saber is still there, and most of the bots prefer sabers.

It's just annoying that it's not an option in the Create server section, since it's so enginally (...right?) possible.

Ah, well it's not that big of a deal, unless other people as well would like a guns-only concept. Besides, the main motivation for me is mainly because I'm in a place with blocked online gaming for one year, and would like a sort of quake arena-edition of JK2, with guns and bots.

You can't edit out the saber in JK2 without a serverside mod. It's not exactly difficult to do though (find all references to WP_SABER in g_client.c and remove any sort of assignment to ent->client->ps.weapon and ent->client->ps.stats[sTAT_WEAPONS])

Remove as in, delete the entire line (will mess up the holy coding system I suppose)?

if (other->client->ps.stats[sTAT_WEAPONS] & (1 << WP_SABER))

For example, what do I do with this?

And where do I put the modified .c file when I'm done?

Sorry there does not seem to be a quick and direct way to solve this problem however if you are playing with bots may I suggest you use bots that already use blasters over saber?

Stormtroopers (except shadow) bespin officer, rebel etc.. I used to have no force gun only battles in JO all the time, simply don't pull out your saber and it's all good.

If you are playing with players and bots might as well get a no saber, or no saber damage mod.

Boothand likes this