Adding a secondary fs_basepath?

I'm trying to wrap up all the main code for the .exe/.dll, and there's one obstacle I need to conquer. I need it to read /GameData/dfmod after reading from/GameData/base. I thought of remapping the fs_cdpath cvar, but didn't know what trouble that might cause. I thought I'd check in to see if this has been done before. I don't want to reinvent the wheel here.

Yeah, but I'll still need to use the base path as well.

Hm, one of us may be misunderstanding the issue.

AFAIK the order of loading is as such:

fs_basepath/base
  fs_basepath/fs_game

fs_cdpath/base
  fs_cdpath/fs_game

fs_homepath/base
  fs_homepath/fs_game
Either that, or it loads from "base" of basepath/cdpath/homepath and then <fs_game> of basepath/cdpath/homepath.

i.e. fs_game is not on the same level as fs_basepath, fs_cdpath or fs_homepath

Thanks. I'm actually talking about hard coding it into the game so I don't have to do a command line/shortcut file.

Is there a reason why? usually just having the compiler pass the necessary args is fine for most projects, unless this is for a final release build and you need it to grab some sort of library dlls or something. I mean sounds like you got it figured out, I'm just not sure whatever you're doing would really benefit from hard coding it in. And even for a final release, most mods just use a bat launcher or put everything in their own base folder.

If you just want the mod folder, just do what ensiform suggested and change the default path.

JKG Developer