Korriban Skybox editing.. (HELP!!)

As you may or may not be aware.. The last mission in the game (regardless of whether you're playing "Light Side" or "Dark Side"), you're on Korriban, at the (or a) Sith Temple and beginning your descent down, towards Marka Ragnos' Tomb, to confront Tavion.

However, if you're like me.. There's always been the one thing about the Korriban map, that's bothered me. You'll probably already notice that it uses the same Skybox as Tatooine. The previous level/map (Taspir III) uses Korriban's skybox. Which is completely fucked-up, to say the least. Why would the Raven devs put a skybox in the game for a level and not even use it for that specific level.. and instead use it for another mission/map.

Anyway, as you can see on the right hand side of this image (below), on the Taspir III map, it is using the Korriban named skybox..
maxresdefault.jpg

Below, is an image of the Korriban skybox, which as you can see.. Is the blue sky used from the Tatooine map.
JKAlevelshot_kor2.png

Could someone help with editing the Korriban skybox, without affecting the Tatooine skybox, so that the Korriban skybox/map is much closer to its lore counterpart. More specifically, like this (below):

tiberius-viris-korriban-pv.jpg?143936740

screenshot_2012-01-13_16_42_13_706182.jp

korriban-3.png

Or something along those lines, at least..
Thanks!

the_raven likes this

Do you mean this one?

tiberius-viris-korriban-pv.jpg?143936740

I don't really know, to be honest. I just Googled "Korriban". If I could find that Skybox.. Damn!  :woot: I'd snap it up, instantly!

aye, that's the one :)

I wonder, are the tall rocks in the left supposed to be those giant statues from the behind?

I feel like this whole game needs redesigned. I mean we've got most of the materials already to do so, but I kinda feel like Raven rushed it a bit. Aside from the sabers, force, and characters the game doesn't have that much star wars feel to it.

the_raven likes this

I feel like this whole game needs redesigned. I mean we've got most of the materials already to do so, but I kinda feel like Raven rushed it a bit. Aside from the sabers, force, and characters the game doesn't have that much star wars feel to it.

Well, as a matter of fact.. Raven DID rush Jedi Academy. They didn't have half as much time to make the game, as they did with Jedi Outcast. But even then, Jedi Outcast (as good as it was) could've been better. But if you wanna try and find a new Korriban map creator or someone willing to put the time in and make one, then by all means go right ahead.. But then you'd have the whole thing of that final mission and dealing with scripts/mod entities and such, to recreate the last mission on the new map.

But I don't sniff at the idea, at all. I'd be interested in a new Korriban map, if someone took the time to do it. @@Langerd has made an awesome Bespin and is maybe something he could look into at a later date. The only other person I can think of would be @JCulley3D, but I think he's currently busy with some sort of VR related project.